Innovation Nation: How Canadian Innovators…

Innovation Nation: How Canadian Innovators Made the World Smarter,…

by David Johnston

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A bunch of short descriptions of Canadian inventions, all told with glowing pride and accompanied by very cute illustrations. I even learned some things. A charming, quick read. ( )
  melydia | Mar 23, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love the style of this book, with quick bite sized pieces of information about innovators we don't hear about often in the USA. This would be a great addition to a school or public library collection in Canada, or one elsewhere to provide representation for students of Canadian decent.
  literary.jess | Mar 6, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a wonderful edition of the book with lovely illustrations for kids. Really glad I discovered this gem and have gifted a few copies to friends and signed my copy for my nephew #Canada150 ( )
  IamAleem | Jan 25, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A great non-fiction book about the innovative creativity of Canadians. The illustrations are bright and attractive, the text and topics chosen interesting and engaging. I particularly liked the inclusion of a few First Nation innovations which made this a great book for any child (or adult for that matter). ( )
  kpolhuis | Dec 29, 2017 |
Fantastic book!

I don't know why this kind of book hasn't been written before. This is a highly readable, nicely laid-out account of fifty Canadian inventions, organized in 6 categories (smarter, smaller, kinder,safer, healthier, wealthier, and happier)

Some of the inventions are more well-known (Blackberry, basketball). Many, however, were new to me and my family. My older son was impressed that Java was homegrown, while my younger son woad tickled by the knowledge that the Shreddies he was eating were Canadian. My husband, an immigrant, read about the walkie-talkie.

Each entry is short and snappy, making it easy for my 11 and 13 year old boys to enjoy.

What a great book to inspire Canadians on our sesquicentennial!
  HannahJo | Dec 6, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

David Johnston's book Innovation Nation is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,978,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible