Streamline aluminum trailers : restoration…

Streamline aluminum trailers : restoration and modification

by Tony Martin

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
it has always been a dream of mine to rehab an old streamline and hit the road in style. One big problem with this dream I have no idea how. Yup a dreamer with no experience. I've looked online, seen a few books that touched here and there but nothing that was complete and easy to follow. I have read this book from cover to cover twice, it seems to cover everything I can think of and some I'd never have thought of. The ultimate beauty of it is that I am novice could handle doing it with limited help, I think. LOL Well I feel confident enough to give it a go. Clear directions, photos and wordage make this guide a winner. I have started my search for the right trailer, met some really cool people, told them about this book, they all want one and am ready to go fo it. ( )
  TheYodamom | Feb 10, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a great book for step, by step instructions on restoring or renovating that old air stream. For floor to ceiling, chassis, floor, exterior/interior skin, electrical elements, insulation, doorjamb refabrication, LP, plumbing, and polishing are all covered comprehensively in a visual, step-by-step format. Wether you like the retro look or want to glam it up this is a great book to help you get it done. ( )
  Debbiesbooks | Jan 5, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Wow talk about a true step by step book. Great photos and easy to follow projects. ( )
  Jessicathomas | Dec 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is a great resource for renovating an aluminum trailer. My husband and I are not that many years away from retiring and it has been a dream of ours to restore and travel with this type of trailer. This book has great instructions and lots and lots of photos that will make this task easier for us. ( )
  gma2bandc | Dec 19, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I am glad I received this book. J and I have talked about having a trailer to tow around and live in when we retire retire. I have a crush on Airstreams, but this book reveals that there is more to the streamlined aluminum trailers than Airstream. Now I wonder if the abandoned aluminum trailer that I fell for in my mom's backyard was in fact an Airstream. That might be a catchall name like Kleenex or Xerox.
Anyway, this book is in-depth covering how to choose your battles when it comes to restoration and the pitfalls of looking for a project. How to avoid scams, how to get a project road-worthy to at least get to your restoring location.
There are plenty of helpful photos to go with the instructions.
I can definitely recommend this book for anyone who is even remotely thinking about restoring a streamline aluminum trailer. This is going on our keeper shelf. ( )
  Squeex | Nov 23, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Tony Martin's book Streamline Aluminum Trailers: Restoration and Modification is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,978,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible