Cuffed by His Charm

by Stacey Kennedy

1051,428,092 (3.8)None
A tabloid scandal unites a powerful mogul and a woman from the wrong side of the tracks in this tantalizing novel from the USA Today bestselling author of Bound Beneath His Pain and the Club Sin series.Spoiler alert! The following reveals crucial plot points from Restrained Under His Duty.The multimillionaire owner of a chain of successful Irish pubs, Gabe O'Keefe loves being in the spotlight almost as much as he loves women. But when all his secrets are exposed in a shameless tabloid, his glistening reputation takes a hit. What hurts most is learning who sold him out: sweet and sensual McKenna Archer, his own employee. Gabe thought he could trust her. But now he's got bigger problems than keeping his hands off McKenna. After putting a difficult past behind her, McKenna would never betray Gabe. But she knows someone who would: her brother, a compulsive gambler who owes money all over town. To make things right, McKenna will have to set aside her feelings for her boss. Easier said than done. Gabe oozes pure temptation. But when they team up, McKenna sees that he isn't the manwhore she always thought. He's strong. He's real. And the heat between them is the only thing that makes sense anymore. Don't miss any of Stacey Kennedy's seductive Dirty Little Secrets novels: BOUND BENEATH HIS PAIN TIED TO HIS BETRAYAL RESTRAINED UNDER HIS DUTY CUFFED BY HIS CHARM And look for the entire sensational Club Sin series: CLAIMED BARED DESIRED FREED TAMED COMMANDED MINEAdvance praise for Cuffed by His Charm"I read this in one sitting! Seriously hot! Heroes who screw up and have to redeem themselves are my kryptonite. Cuffed by His Charm is an excellent end to the Dirty Little Secrets series but can easily stand alone. Passionate and emotional, this book doesn't disappoint."--USA Today bestselling author Jamie K. Schmidt"Keep your fire extinguisher ready. Gabe and McKenna are smoking hot!"--Mia Hopkins, author of Thirsty Cuffed by His Charm is intended for mature audiences. This ebook includes an excerpt from another Loveswept title.… (more)

That first chapter had me going, "Gabe what the hell are you doing?" Poor McKenna had no idea what was coming her way. I can understand Gabe's frustration but he handled that so badly. And it was really big of McKenna to put all that aside and actually get on board with help him get down to the bottom of things. All in all, this series has been quite an adventure and really fun to read.

AshPReads | Jan 15, 2019 |
Full review appeared on Reader's Edyn on 11/19/17

McKenna Archer has been working for Gabriel as a bartender for a year. The entire year they have been walking a fine line between flirtation and caving in to smoldering desire, but Gabe refuses to cross that line. He does not date employees and so they continue their dance of temptation, which is quickly becoming sweet torture. But Gabe is suddenly on a rampage and something has shifted – he’s crossing a line he never has before, which is a dream come true. Except he’s calling her a backstabber. A traitor. She has no idea what is happening, but it’s bad and now her only course of action is to prove her innocence and help Gabe set things right. Unwittingly, she has played a hand in this scandal and she can’t move on with Gabe until this situation is resolved. However, familial connection isn’t an easy cord to sever and the actual offender might cause too much damage for Gabe and McKenna to be able to rally back from.

Gabriel O’Keefe is out of his element. He’s wanted McKenna since day 1 and now he’s found out what a beautiful liar she is. He has to have her before he throws her away, which is a feat much more difficult than he anticipated, even knowing the extent of her deceit. Except things aren’t as he had believed and suddenly they are thrown into a game much more dangerous than initially assessed. As Gabe’s trouble grows, McKenna finds her safety at risk and the deeper the trouble, the higher the risk. After the tangle of lies and deception are unraveled, Gabe an McKenna will have a lot of choices to make, but saving their fragile relationship might be off the table completely with too much damage done during the course of their investigation.

If you guys haven’t read any of this series, there is a warning that some critical plot points are revealed in this book for one (or more) of the previous books in the series. I haven’t read the rest of the series and this is book 4. While I didn’t have any difficulty following along and was sure that there were things mentioned that would have to do with a previous book or three, nothing that blatantly interfered with my reading enjoyment occurred. I don’t feel like anything too life-shattering was mentioned but having not read the previous books, I am in no way an expert. That said if you don’t want to risk any spoilers, it might be safer to read this series in order.

I really enjoyed both Gabe, McKenna, and all of the supporting characters – with the exception of the evil goons, of course. McKenna is a strong character who has been through a lot and has made her own way. With the exception of her tunnel-vision regarding her brother, she was a likeable character. I wanted to slap her regarding the enabling qualities she possesses with Evan and, even though we were prepared for her next moves in Evan’s case, I found that habit annoying. But when put into perspective, you can almost understand why she does what she does concerning her brother Gabe is that quintessential alpha male billionaire. He’s got money and power, but he’s an average guy who prefers working behind the bar, to the daily monotonous CEO grind. Ha! Who am I kidding? No billionaire is an average guy despite his dislike for corporate life. 😊 He’s connected and he and his self-made billionaire buddies are all at the center of some serious scandal which apparently spans the length of the series. I have to say that even though these guys are crazy intuitive, it was a quite a refreshing change to see them make a mistake and accuse the wrong person initially. Alphas making a massive mistake isn’t a common component. All of Gabe’s friends very obviously had their own back stories and the more they were involved, the more I liked them. I would definitely read the series in its entirety based on these charming characters; each bringing a vital piece to their life-long friendship. I’m looking for a story for Alex, Ryder’s hacker, next. Hopefully there are plans for her. Supposedly it’s the end of the series, but you never know … And since I’m speculating, there are a couple of other “potential couples” mentioned in the epilogue, so I’ll hold out for the next installment – or a spin-off … 😊

Overall, this is a great book with a little bit of everything – brooding hero, strong female lead, loyal friends, an annoying mother, suspense, betrayal, hackers, redemption, a titch of BDSM, bars, sex clubs, billionaires and the women who have captured them, crazy hot sex … Yep, a bit of everything! I do have one compliant – the villain didn’t get his in my opinion. I feel like there could still be an axe to grind and if he’s the same scoundrel from the previous books (which I am not sure of), then really? That’s all? But technically there are two scoundrels and I felt like they could have dealt with that one just a bit more severely as well. Granted, they are upstanding guys that have been wronged, and wouldn’t stoop to the level of their temporary oppressors, but dang! If it truly is the end of the series, get it handled! And here is where I feel like Alex would come in nicely. Just saying. I’m pretty sure fans of the series would have no objection to visiting these characters again. But either way, fans of romantic suspense will find this read (and most likely the series) fascinating and engaging. The evil-doers will piss you off, the sizzling romance will excite you, the captivating plot will thrill you, and the emotionally charged characters will charm you. All in all, an enjoyable read!

Kindle version provided by RandomHouse Loveswept/Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  GzNKz4evr | Dec 14, 2017 |

I received an Advanced Reviewers Copy from the Publisher via #NetGalley for voluntary review consideration. ( )
  AshPReads | Nov 16, 2017 |
Great Series and Great Author!! Boss Gabe and Employee McKenna have had a chemical attraction since she started to work for him in his bar. Gossip and Taped conversations made public have prompted Gabe and his detective friend Ryder to track down and eliminate this privacy infringement! Anger and Rage fill Gabe prompting his actions when the finger is pointed at McKenna. Even with their rough encounter and regret it is discovered that it is McKenna's brother who has sold this information to the tabloid. Taking care of her brother and bailing him out of his debts have taken a toll on McKenna but family is forever. Gabe knows how McKenna feels and fears that his love will never take a front seat with her. "A copy of this book was provided by Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion." ( )
  marandajo | Nov 14, 2017 |
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley. I did enjoy this book, however did not like Kenna, and she never grew on me, she actually annoyed the crap out of me. I understood her loyalty towards her brother, but I think she took it overboard, she did not help him the way she should have, she should have gotten him help, but she enabled him, and she did not get to the conclusion til the bitter end, and what I did not get, was how when she thought Gabe paid a certain amount, she chose her brother, til her brother told her the correct amount, and then she got it? what? His actions didn't show you?. Gabe was awesome, he was a loyal friend, and he was good, too good with Kenna in my opinion, but he showed her he loved her, and she still did not get it. It was great to read about the other characters from the previous books again. Still love my Ryder, he is my favorite, I would have loved to read about his wedding. I would love a story about Alex, hopefully she get one, even though this was about these four. ( )
  NelisPelusa | Sep 12, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,768,224 books! | Top bar: Always visible