Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis…

Wayside School is Falling Down (original 1989; edition 1990)

by Louis Sachar, Adam Mccauley (Illustrator)

Member:sarahgobe
Title:Wayside School is Falling Down
Authors:Louis Sachar
Other authors:Adam Mccauley (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1990), Paperback, 152 pages
Collections:Back to School

Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis Sachar (1989)

2nd Book in the series. Full of silly stories that keep the children's attention. Ending with the closing of school because of a herd of cows. Only the most advanced readers lose interest in this book.
  michellehewitt | Jun 1, 2017 |
A fun book. ( )
  RBeene | Mar 17, 2015 |
I love these books. The dead pan humor is refreshing and hilarious. The cast of characters are easy to love and plus they're hugely easy books to read. It takes about an hour to read each book. Mostly comprises of short adventures that the kids at wayside school get themselves into. The little details make the book amazing though. The principal who always says- people going up the staircase stay to the left and people coming down stay to the right. And his inability to remember to turn off the speaker system before he insults the students. ( )
  Rosenstern | Sep 14, 2014 |
This is one of my favorite books. I enjoy how each chapter is a new story about the students and teachers of Wayside School. The stories are very funny and some of the events that happen are out of the ordinary and almost impossible. I loved reading this book as a child, I love reading it now, and I am sure I will read this book to my children and they will love it too. ( )
  BaileyR | Apr 21, 2014 |
Not my favorite in the trilogy, but still pretty goofy. ( )
  elliebstevens | Sep 13, 2013 |
To Emily, Walker, Annie,
Bill, Bobbie, and Corky
Louis, the yard teacher, frowned.

More fun in
The Wacky World of
Wayside School

"Watch closely," said Mrs. Jewls. "You can learn much faster using a computer instead of paper and pencil." Then she pushed the new computer out the window The children all watched it fall thirty floors and smash against the sidewalk. "See?" said Mrs. Jewls. "That's gravity! I've been trying to teach you about gravity, but the computer showed you a lot quicker!"

That's the way things happen at Wayside School. There are 29 kids in Mrs. Jewls's class and this book is about all of them. There is Todd, who got in trouble every day ... until he got a magic dog; Paul, whose life was saved by Leslie's pigtails; Ron, who dared to try the cafeteria's Mushroom Surprise and all the others who help turn a day at Wayside School into one madcap adventure after another. But, after the things that happened in Sideways Stories from Wayside School, what would you expect?

The extraordinary thirty-story school and its zany inhabitants are back in the long-awaited sequel to the classic SIDEWAYS STORIES FROM WAYSIDE SCHOOL, one of the most popular Camelot books ever. "Rib-tickling...sure-to-please..." -- Kirkus

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:23 -0400)

More humorous episodes from the classroom on the thirtieth floor of Wayside School, where students learn to tango, face the cafeteria's dreaded Mushroom Surprise, and study a hobo during Show and Tell. Sequel to "Sideways Stories from Wayside School."… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,159,445 books! | Top bar: Always visible