Froggy eats out by Jonathan London

Froggy eats out (edition 2001)

by Jonathan London

Series: Froggy

Member:TucsonReady2Read
Title:Froggy eats out
Authors:Jonathan London
Info:New York: Viking, 2001. 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 21 X 26 cm.

Froggy Eats Out by Jonathan London

Great addition to my Frog Collection ( )
  suefitz1 | Apr 3, 2013 |
Froggy goes out to dinner with his parents for the first time, but things do not go that great. I love this story. I would use this book in my class to teach my students about etiquette. The art work for this book was great also. ( )
  jmvarnad | May 4, 2012 |
Summary: Froggy and his family go out to eat at a nice restaurant. Froggy is impatient and knocks over water glasses, hits people in the head with spoons, and spills the salt. After many instances, Froggy's parents decide to go to a fast food restaurant where there are no manners needed.
Genre: Fantasy becuase the family of frogs talk to one another and they go out to fancy restaurants where penguins serve them food. They try on clothes, eat spaghetti, brush their teeth, and order from a menu.
Style: The author uses onomatopoeia to create sounds that the frogs are doing. When Froggy is changing his clothes, the author uses words such as zip, zut, zup, zoop, flop, and znap to help us hear what is going on in the story. This would also serve as a consonance.
Media: Painting ( )
  MollyBeaumont | Oct 5, 2011 |
It is Froggy’s parent’s anniversary and he is getting dressed up and ready to go out to eat at a fancy restaurant. Froggy’s mother told him to behave himself while at the restaurant, but Froggy just couldn’t help himself and made quite a racket. After being embarrassed by his actions Froggy’s parents decide to go to a simple place where they could really enjoy themselves.
I enjoyed reading this book mainly because I thought the illustrations were very interesting. It was a funny book and the illustrations really made it more fun to read.
In the classroom, I would teach a lesson over restaurant etiquette. We would talk about the things that Froggy did that was not appropriate, and I would have the kids explain ways on how to act in a restaurant. Also, we will practice good manners and the act the proper way when at the dinner table during snack time.
  ReAhnaKowena | Feb 27, 2011 |
funny; Describes a trip to a nice restaurant with Froggy and his family and the messes that Froggy makes. You could use this book for proper etiquette. ( )
  hnnewton | Sep 1, 2008 |

Jonathan Londonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Remkiewicz, FrankIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fraser, AlisonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0142500615, Paperback)

On the occasion of Froggy's parents' anniversary, it's time for the family to head for Chez Yum, a hoity-toity restaurant with tablecloths and flower-filled vases. This means trouble. Froggy only has a few rules to remember--"Be neat, be quiet, and don't put your feet on the table"--but it's absolutely not that simple. Froggy fidgets, shakes salt on his hand and licks it, bangs his spoon on the table, flips his spoon (bonk! oops!), pulls petals off flowers, sucks on sugar cubes (and ice cubes), and then, of course, simply must flop around singing. Just as he's getting down to actually eating, he spies his pretty classmate Frogilina, a guest star from Froggy's First Kiss. This doesn't help matters. As an embarrassed Froggy ducks under the tablecloth, spaghetti and fly sauce goes, well, flying. At that, the whole family gives up and heads to a local diner for burgers and flies. Youngsters will giggle out loud at the oh-so-familiar stunts (and trademark Froggy sound effects) of an irrepressible frog faced with the dreaded Fancy Dinner. This fine addition to the much-loved Froggy series could serve as a lighthearted way to approach table etiquette, but mostly it's just good messy fun. (Ages 3 to 6) --Karin Snelson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:05 -0400)

After Froggy misbehaves at a fancy restaurant, his parents take him to a fast flies restaurant to celebrate their anniversary.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,670,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible