To Die For by Linda Howard

This book was ok, i thought the main female character was a little flighty and there was a bunch of fluff that could have been edited out. ( )
  Talaskat | Oct 8, 2013 |
Great ( )
  Mamajeanne | Aug 23, 2013 |
One of my all-time favourites. Funny and sexy - I loved Blair and Wyatt. ( )
  Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |
I have to admit that when I first started reading this book, I wasn't sure if I would like it. The main character, Blair Mallory just seemed so shallow and ditzy and ridiculous, but then as soon as Wyatt Bloodsworth came onto the scene, things turned around and really started getting interesting.

When Blair witnesses a murder outside of her business, the murder of an annoying copy-cat who went to great pains to imitate Blair's style and look, she soon realizes that she might have been the intended victim.

So enter police lieutenant Bloodsworth, and things get all interesting, like I mentioned before. No, I don't mean in a sexual way, because that is very non-descriptive, but in a Clash of the Egos way. And it was hilarious. Blair, still bitter about a failed first attempt with Bloodsworth where he just hit the road without a word after 3 dates, goes out of her way to make him pay for it. Little things like hiding the remote, making lists about the ways that he annoys her, and just generally being a pain in the ass. But a funny one.

I really enjoyed this story a lot more than I thought that I would. The plot is pretty thin, and the resolution feels a little like an afterthought, but the characters were fun and intriguing and made up for the lack. I really enjoyed the Mallory's family dynamic, and Dad giving Wyatt advice just really cracked me up.

This is a great beach read, or lazy weekend day read, nothing too risque or naughty, but a lot of implied risqueness and naughtiness. You're pretty much guaranteed to hoot with laughter though. That makes it worthwhile. ( )
  TheBecks | Apr 1, 2013 |
after I got over the awful voice Blair was stuck with for most of the book, it was a great listen. so funny and I love Wyatt. I think the narrator's voice for Blair got deeper and better, certainly less grating as the book progressed. ( )
  Kaetrin | Aug 13, 2012 |
This is to my dear high-maintenance friend, who killed a monitor in just such a fashion, and who provided me with so much inspiration for this story. I won't name names---this time.
Most people don't take cheerleading seriously. If they only knew....

Blair Mallory lives the good life. She's pretty, confident, and the owner of a thriving up-scale fitness center. But in the shadow of success, a troubled member of the club develops a strange fixation on Blair, imitating her style and dress. Matters take a darker turn when the look-alike is shot dead -- and Blair witnesses the horror.

As the media speculates on the tawdry details of the homicide and pushes Blair into the harsh spotlight, she locks horns with police lieutenant Wyatt Bloodsworth. He wants to lead an investigation without interference, while Blair is determined to probe the dead woman's life on her own. But when someone begins to menace Blair with mounting threats, Wyatt takes notice: Was this murder indeed a lethal case of mistaken identity -- and was Blair the intended victim?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345476255, Mass Market Paperback)

Blair Mallory lives the good life. She’s pretty, confident, and the owner of a thriving up-scale fitness center. But in the shadow of success, a troubled member of the club develops a strange fixation on Blair, imitating her style and dress. Matters take a darker turn when the look-alike is shot dead–and Blair witnesses the horror.

As the media speculates on the tawdry details of the homicide and pushes Blair into the harsh spotlight, she locks horns with police lieutenant Wyatt Bloodsworth. He wants to lead an investigation without interference, while Blair is determined to probe the dead woman’s life on her own. But when someone begins to menace Blair with mounting threats, Wyatt takes notice: Was this murder indeed a lethal case of mistaken identity–and was Blair the intended victim?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:30 -0400)

For fitness center owner Blair Mallory, trouble begins when a club member is murdered.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,500,677 books! | Top bar: Always visible