Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

To Die For by Linda Howard

To Die For

by Linda Howard

Series: Blair Mallory (Book 1)

To Die For
5 Stars

Blair Mallory loves her life - she has a loving family, a successful business and an incredible wardrobe. The only problem is Nicole Goodwin - a wannabe stalker with a bad dye job. Thus, Blair is horrified but also relieved when Nicole is murdered. Unfortunately, sexy yet irritating homicide lieutenant, Wyatt Bloodsworth, believes the killer might be after Blair, and his suspicions are confirmed when she is targeted. Who would want to kill Blair and why?

A completely delightful read and the audiobook narrated by Franette Liebow is totally "to die for"!

The mystery is entertaining and it is fun trying to figure out who has it in for Blair. Even though the resolution comes somewhat out of left field, it makes sense and the final confrontation is intense.

However, the real highlight of the book is the romance. Blair and Wyatt's chemistry is off the charts and their sex scenes are sizzling. While Blair might not be everyone's cup of tea, I loved her. She's snarky and cute and knows how to wrap her man around her little finger. No TSTL moments either!

Wyatt is also a fantastic hero. He is a man who knows what he wants and goes after it full steam ahead. Moreover, he has the patience of a saint considering all of Blair shennanigans.

All in all, a really fun book and I've already listened to and enjoyed the sequel.

Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Romance, intrigue, and page-turning fun! Blair Mallory is a fun, quirky woman who seems to regularly get into predicaments. Her relationship with her Wyatt Bloodsworth is full of passion and humor. I thoroughly enjoyed To Die For and look forward to reading more of Ms. Howard’s books. ( )
  bagejew | Jan 9, 2018 |
I liked it ( )
  mjkenyon | Sep 16, 2017 |
Blair Mallory witnesses a murder. The victim is one of the members of her club, Great Bods who had taken to dressing like Blair. In fact she was so good at it that she could easily been mistaken for Blair. Lt. Wyatt Bloodworth dumped Blair cold two years ago after only three dates without any explaination or phone call. When he hears that a blond woman was murdered at her club his first thought is that it was Blair so he rushes over to the club. Upon discovering that Blair is fine he decides that he wants a second chance with her and that he is going to protect her. No matter if Blair wants him to or not.

This novel has plenty of romance, but is overflowing with suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The author, Linda Howard, writes the story as if Blair is actually talking to the reader. With Blair's witty mind and "don't mess with me, I'm no push over" attitude, I found myself actually laughing aloud often. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
A very entertaining romantic comedy with lots of action and intrigue. I liked the alpha hero but the self confident heroine stole the show with her witty first person narrative. Sometimes I had to roll my eyes at the bad guys motivation. Health club owner Blair witnesses a murder and an old boyfriend police Lt. Wyatt is investigating the case.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

Linda Howardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bauer, WernerHerausgebersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Göhler, ChristophÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Liebow, FranetteReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is to my dear high-maintenance friend, who killed a monitor in just such a fashion, and who provided me with so much inspiration for this story. I won't name names---this time.
Most people don't take cheerleading seriously. If they only knew....

Blair Mallory lives the good life. She's pretty, confident, and the owner of a thriving up-scale fitness center. But in the shadow of success, a troubled member of the club develops a strange fixation on Blair, imitating her style and dress. Matters take a darker turn when the look-alike is shot dead -- and Blair witnesses the horror.

As the media speculates on the tawdry details of the homicide and pushes Blair into the harsh spotlight, she locks horns with police lieutenant Wyatt Bloodsworth. He wants to lead an investigation without interference, while Blair is determined to probe the dead woman's life on her own. But when someone begins to menace Blair with mounting threats, Wyatt takes notice: Was this murder indeed a lethal case of mistaken identity -- and was Blair the intended victim?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345476255, Mass Market Paperback)

Blair Mallory lives the good life. She’s pretty, confident, and the owner of a thriving up-scale fitness center. But in the shadow of success, a troubled member of the club develops a strange fixation on Blair, imitating her style and dress. Matters take a darker turn when the look-alike is shot dead–and Blair witnesses the horror.

As the media speculates on the tawdry details of the homicide and pushes Blair into the harsh spotlight, she locks horns with police lieutenant Wyatt Bloodsworth. He wants to lead an investigation without interference, while Blair is determined to probe the dead woman’s life on her own. But when someone begins to menace Blair with mounting threats, Wyatt takes notice: Was this murder indeed a lethal case of mistaken identity–and was Blair the intended victim?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:46 -0400)

For fitness center owner Blair Mallory, trouble begins when a club member is murdered.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,500,492 books! | Top bar: Always visible