Son of the Morning by Linda Howard

3.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Excellent! ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Jun 25, 2015 |
Enjoyable time travel story involving 1322 Scotland. All the intrigue and the unusual romance were good. I especially liked the heroines fortitude during her devastation. Grace translates historical documents and the one she is working on about the Knights of Templar is stirring up killers.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Another Howard favorite. This is a darker novel and a departure form her others as it is a contemporary suspense, historical and time travel all rolled into one. I tend to think of it more as Grace's story and less as a romance, but it works either way. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
I'm not a big fan of paranormal romance but since this one was from Linda Howard, I give it a try. At first I was engrossed in the way things were getting for Grace but later in the story I was getting bored. The plot seemed to be a little slow and stalled and suddenly things changed. All I can say is wow! I want a Niall for myself :)
Even with all the paranormal stuff, Linda Howard delivered a wonderful story full of suspense, twist and turns and hot steamy scenes. ( )
  Lost_Lenore | Aug 5, 2013 |

Linda Howardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ross, NatalieReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

A scholar specializing in ancient manuscripts, Grace St. John never imagined that a cache of fragile, old documents she discovered was the missing link to a lost Celtic treasure. But as soon as she deciphers the intriguing legend of the Knights of the Templar - long fabled to hold the key to unlimited power - Grace becomes the target of a ruthless killer bent on abusing the coveted force. Determined to stop him, Grace needs the help of a celebrated warrior bound by duty to uphold the Templar's secret for all eternity. But to find him - and to save herself - she must go back in time.

Summoning the magic of an arcane ritual, Grace steps back into the barren hills of 14th-century Scotland, enduring the perils of an untamed land to confront Black Niall, a fierce man of dark fury and raw, unbridled desire. Driven by a mix of fear and passion, Grace enlists this brazen knight to join her in a search for a modern-day killer. In their quest to protect a timeless secret, they uncover a love for all time - and a deadly duel of honor that risks everything they love.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 067179938X, Mass Market Paperback)

All of Linda Howard's novels are wonderful but this exceptional time-travel is her first foray into paranormal romance--and it's not to be missed. Grace St. John, a scholar, unwittingly discovers the Knights of Templar's secret treasure. Suddenly, her life is upturned when she spies her boss murdering her husband and brother. With no reason to live, except to extract vengeance, Grace becomes a fugitive of the law as she attempts to find an explanation for this horrible act. Grace simultaneously translates 14th century medieval documents written by Black Niall. This embittered knight reaches into Grace's subconscious and the two begin to share dreams 700 years apart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:30 -0400)

A scholar of ancient manuscripts discovers the link to an old Celtic treasure and becomes the target of a ruthless killer. Her only hope is a Templar warrior, in 14th century Scotland.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,630,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible