Three Floors Up by Eshkol Nevo

Three Floors Up (2015)

by Eshkol Nevo

English (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (3)
Brilliant! Great plot, great ideas, wonderful writing, and brilliant structure. Three stories in a building, three people needing desperately to talk to someone who knows them intimately, and three parts of the psyche according to our old friend, Sigmund Freud. Set in Israel, this novel contains three riveting sets of human circumstance. Ultimately, it is revealed that "the three floors of the psyche do not exist inside us at all!Absolutely not! They exist in the air between us and someone else, in the space between our mouths and the ears we are telling our story to. "
What matters is that we talk to someone! Thirty years as a counselor, honored to be the ears hearing many, many human stories confirms this belief. There is something very powerful in the experience of being heard! I know it as I know my name. This book illuminates the reality of the deeply felt desire to be heard! Great read! ( )
  hemlokgang | Jul 24, 2018 |
Set in an upper-middle-class Tel Aviv apartment building, this best-selling and warmly acclaimed Israeli novel examines the interconnected lives of its residents, whose turmoils, secrets, unreliable confessions, and problematic decisions reveal a society in the midst of an identity crisis.
  HandelmanLibraryTINR | Feb 4, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,976,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible