Software Configuration Management Patterns:…

Software Configuration Management Patterns: Effective Teamwork, Practical… (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Stephen P. Berczuk (Author), Kyle Brown (Foreword)

Member:Mathworks
Title:Software Configuration Management Patterns: Effective Teamwork, Practical Integration
Authors:Stephen P. Berczuk (Author)
Other authors:Kyle Brown (Foreword)
Info:Addison-Wesley Professional (2002), 218 pages

Software Configuration Management Patterns by Stephen P. Berczuk (2003)

If you've ever considered a role in software configuration management or version control, or if you want to be a software developer, but want to make sure you're not going to lose your hard work because you accidentally overwrote it, this book is for you.

A sort of spin off of the Gang of Four's [Design Patterns], this book takes patterns found useful in the realm of configuration management and presents them in very concise, easy-to-follow chapters.

This is a definite read for those who are pursuing careers in software programming. ( )
  aethercowboy | Dec 5, 2008 |
A nice guide to the philosophy and best practices of day-to-day SCM. Mainly dealing with branching structures, it looks at how to make teamwork and collaboration run smoothly rather than focusing on release management. It's also a patterns book, which means that it's vague and leaves implementation up to you, which is often a good thing. Overall a quick read and worth the time, although I find myself craving some more implementation details for SCM problems. I may be a little biased by the fact that my company's current SCM approach did a lot of the things in this book, so much of it was "preaching to the choir." ( )
  VVilliam | Jul 5, 2008 |
I really liked this book. It has just enough meat in it to get a vocabulary started about SCM. I am hoping it will help me with some discussions at work about our SCM policies (or lack thereof). It also sparked an intrest in Agile Processes for me. I'll have to check out some more stuff about that soon.
  jcopenha | Jan 19, 2007 |

Stephen P. Berczukprimary authorall editionscalculated
Appleton, Bradsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,708,640 books! | Top bar: Always visible