Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, Book 2) (TV…

Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, Book 2) (TV Tie-In) (edition 2010)

by Sara Shepard

Member:17keiperh
Title:Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, Book 2) (TV Tie-In)
Authors:Sara Shepard
Info:HarperTeen (2010), Edition: Mti Rev, Paperback, 368 pages

Flawless by Sara Shepard

I read Flawless (PLL#2) before Pretty Little Liars (PLL #1) because I have watched the first three seasons on PLL on ABC Spark and knew that the beginning was pretty much the same. However, just in this book alone there are some significant differences between the books and the show. Thankfully I was able to follow the story okay because of that, but I'm still going to go and read Pretty Little Liars (PLL#1) before I move on to Perfect (PLL#3).

As a book I though Flawless was a fairly easy read, which can only be said as a positive comment on Sara Shepard's writing style as the book is narrated by four separate people. Although I've watched the show, the book offered much more detail, and a slightly different plot than the show. I'm really glad I decided to pick up the book (well, ebook). ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
I have a confession to make: this series makes me feel very guilty to read. I consider it my guiltiest of guilty pleasures. Why, you ask? (And, please keep in mind, I mean no offense with this review...this is just MY feelings and opinions about this series - I totally feel like if you love it with all your heart, that is great!)

So anyway, why, you ask, is this a guilty pleasure? Because this is THE MOST dramatic, cliquey, high schoolish series I have ever laid eyes on. Based on past experience with books, I should HATE these books with a passion that burns brighter than the sun. Instead, I find myself strangely drawn into the mystery that is "A".

Maybe be it is because I love a good mystery, and this is, admittedly, a well-written, twisty mystery...that also happens to be drama-filled and cliquey.

Long story short, I am looking forward to book 3. I may not be able to puzzle out my exact reasons why I enjoy this series, but whatever the reasons, I'm going to enjoy the pleasure I get from this book. I do not support shaming people for their choice of reading materials, so no more doing it to myself...no matter how "guilty" the pleasure! ( )
  TheGrandWorldofBooks | May 27, 2015 |
Seriously, who killed Ali and who the hell is A??? ( )
  beearedee | Feb 14, 2015 |
This is classic Y.A. fiction revolving around privileged teen-age girls. Petty rivalries and jealousies, pressure to excel (from parents), to fit in (from peers). Plus the added angst of having a secret that could destroy their lives and someone who knows the secret and threatens to tell. The four girls have no idea who knows and who they can trust, they don’t even trust each other.

This is a typical Y.A. book, easy to read and follow, the plot was predictable at times but the storyline is good enough to carry you through to the end. Secrets are slowly unfolding during each book. As more gets revealed, the more the mystery of who "A" is grows. ( )
  BellaFoxx | Feb 14, 2015 |
Very good continuation of the first book. Who is «A»???? l'm excited to find out. ( )
  dom76 | Jan 7, 2015 |
An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind. --Gandhi
For MDS and RNS
Emily looked at herself in the mirror propped up on Alison's living room coffee table. She tilted her face one way, then another, and puckered her pink lips. "My mom would kill me if she saw me with all this stuff on."

Spencer stole her sister's boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya . . . as much more than a friend. Hanna's obsession with looking flawless is making her sick. And their most horrible secret yet is so scandalous that the truth would ruin them forever.

And why shouldn't I tell? They deserve to lose it all. With every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message I send, I'll be taking these pretty little liars down. Trust me, I've got enough dirt to bury them alive.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:18 -0400)

After their friend who has been missing for more than three years turns up dead, four former best friends continue to receive frightening messages from someone who knows damaging secrets about them.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,476,117 books! | Top bar: Always visible