The drowned girls by Loreth Anne White

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:read in 2017

The Drowned Girls by Loreth Anne White

The life of a detective is not easy. They not only see the dark side of humanity, they study it. They dissect it. They theorize motives. They delve into the mind of the criminal to determine his justifications. The detective repeats this cycle hundreds, if not thousands of times in her career.

Coping mechanisms become a way of life. Some are healthier than others. Some become dark secrets which unknowingly compound the weight of stress.

I loved reading this book. The questions and reveals kept me on my toes. I never knew what was going to happen next. The end brought up unanswered questions and hinted at a bit of happiness. I am looking forward to reading the second book in the Angie Pallorino series. ( )
  Bibliodiction | Apr 28, 2018 |

Stress has been building within Angie for months. Her go-to method of release doesn’t help. Hallucinations begin. Odd phrases invade her mind. She questions her own sanity. ( )
  Bibliodiction | Apr 19, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,612,931 books! | Top bar: Always visible