What Baby Wants by Phyllis Root

What Baby Wants

by Phyllis Root

English (9)  French (1)  All (10)
Mama was tired so grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, big sister, and little brother were left to watch baby while mama went to sleep. The baby started to cry and then each of the family members tried to figure out what baby wanted and brought back what they thought baby would want but they were wrong. But it was little bother who was the one who figure out what baby wanted, he just wanted to be cuddled and sang a lullaby. Then baby was sleeping. Books show that the littlest of things can have a big impact. I would definitely use this book in my classroom with my students. When I introduce this book to my students, I would ask my students their input of what they think baby wants and what they think will happen with what each character had brought back to see if baby wanted it. This book would have the students really engaged in the book and the text. ( )
  jjuneau | Sep 2, 2017 |
In this book a baby is crying but the only person who know what the baby needs is asleep, so all of the family members try different ways to help the baby.

Age: 3 to 6 year olds
Source: Pierce College Library
  Brittrachinski | Mar 22, 2017 |
Mom went to bed. Baby cries brother is only one to calm baby down.
Pierce College Library
Ages 3-6 ( )
  mnicodemus | Mar 17, 2017 |
How various family members was bringing in all kinds of farm animals and they still couldn't stop the baby from crying, but only his brother could by hugging and kissing the baby. age 3-5 ( )
  giahall1130 | Mar 13, 2017 |
In this book, mom goes to bed and leaves the family to take care of baby. Baby is crying and everyone helps to stop baby from crying.
Age-3-4
Source-FS Pierce College Library ( )
  morganchapin | Feb 28, 2017 |

Various family members try to stop Baby from crying, but only his brother figures out what he wants.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,167,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible