Dreaming the dark : magic, sex, and politics…

Dreaming the dark : magic, sex, and politics (original 1982; edition 1997)

by Starhawk

Member:teelgee
Title:Dreaming the dark : magic, sex, and politics
Authors:Starhawk
Info:Boston, MA: Beacon Press, c1997.
Tags:nonfiction, paganism, wicca, activism, spirituality, own

Dreaming the Dark : Magic, Sex, and Politics by Starhawk (1982)

Nature, Man and Woman by Alan W. Watts (Countcatnap)
    Countcatnap: Has similar elements of the old ways (pagan) in comparison to Christianity towards the purpose of mental health and self-understanding.

Provides us with well-tested tools for trying to change our reality. Starhawk's example serves to show us that we are NOT powerless. ( )
  dbsovereign | Jan 26, 2016 |
I don't believe the magic stuff, of course, but I like her sincerity with her politics, and I found her religious faith touching rather than repulsive (except for the magic parts). ( )
  lquilter | Jan 4, 2012 |
A very interesting book, and relevant to our times. A discussion of how magic and spirituality can come together with activism and politics. ( )
  herebedragons | Feb 9, 2007 |
For Alicia, Bethany, Caitlin, Christopher John, Deirdre, Delaney, Guthrie, Ian, Justin, Lelania Dawn, Marika, Morgan Sean, Natalia Rose, Robin, Rio, Ruby, Silas, Vanessa, and Yarrow.

And this is also for Amy, Bowen, Bryn, Elen, Electra, Julie, Lyra, Corian, Maurice, Morgan, Nathan, Rael, Sidra, Shannon, Zachary, and especially for Allison, the newest one of all.
This is a book about bringing together the spiritual and the political.

Featuring narrative, chants, songs, and rituals, Dreaming the Dark has helped many thousands of women use magic, spirituality, and community to bring about political and social change. This anniversary edition of the best-selling classic includes a new preface reflecting on the fifteen years since the book's original publication.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:02 -0400)

Beacon Press

An edition of this book was published by Beacon Press.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,072,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible