Honesty, Morality and Conscience by Jerry…

Honesty, Morality and Conscience

by Jerry White

I re-read this book over the course of several months while I TA'd for my father's Ethics class (he couldn't find anyone else to do it!)... I took the class 7 or 8 years ago, so the book was a little hazy in my memory (not a surprise) but it was great to read it again.

Honestly, I'd recommend White's book to anyone who considers themselves a 'Christian'. My father has been using this book since he began teaching Ethics, and the book has gone through a number of re-printings and updates, so it's clear that it's a rather significant tome.

White addresses everything from honesty in relationships and the workplace, to what it means to run a business with integrity, to the dilemma of the selection of church leadership... social ethics... spiritual ethics... sexual ethics... you name it, this book will challenge you and make you seriously think about what it means to live what you believe.

I honestly don't believe you can read this book and come away unchanged in some way -- simply because it will force you to think about and evaluate yourself, your relationships with others, and how you live and act on a daily basis. Your conscience will be challenged, and you will learn what it means to truly live a life of honesty and integrity.

Even on this re-read, I was challenged and found areas of myself that I need to work on -- for the better.

This is an excellent, very necessary resource for anyone who considers themselves Christian. ( )
5 vote dk_phoenix | May 21, 2010 |

In Honesty, Morality, and Conscience, Navigator author Jerry White takes a hard look at some of life’s gray areas.

Examining the origin and depth of our conscience, our moral compass, and truthful living, he explains how God has given us everything we need to face the ethical questions of today in all areas of our lives.

Explore issues of identity, integrity, and accountability as you look at your sources for discernment and wisdom.

This great leadership and character-building tool includes discussion questions.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:45 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,234,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible