#GOSPEL: Life, Hope, and Truth for…

#GOSPEL: Life, Hope, and Truth for Generation Now

by Daniel Rice

1321,013,716 (4)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The author describes updated technology and the new ways to attract the current generation. The evidence is very clear that younger people are less and less attracted to Christianity but if this book shows how the gospel is spread using contemporary means.
  gmicksmith | Nov 28, 2017 |
Using a hashtag (#) or meme aims to gain the attention of interested readers. A short span of attention, looking for keywords lead us to focus on what's interesting. Daniel Rice tries the same with #Gospel: Life, Hope, and Truth for Generation Now. The good old gospel of God's plan to restore the relationship with people cursed with sin and in need of a Saviour. God knows us and wants us to know Him, To that end, He provided His Word to make clear some very specific things that He wants us to know. The grand story of the Bible is packed with illustrations like Disney's Frozen, the 2010 Copiaopó mining accident, and Robert Scott's failed Antartic expedition.

Our self-centeredness, the idea of self-importance and admiration is challenged. We blame God for the mess we have made as a collective human race. God's law ultimately exposes our undeniable need for a Savior. With the letter to the Romans as guidance, Daniel Rice explains our state of being, atonement, the need to be born again, and get embedded in a local church. It's not a happily ever after because the author also copies Christ's warnings of persecution and suffering while following the Way.

Rice succeeds to present the #Gospel in an accessible way, Hopefully, it stimulates to action and further reading in the Bible. ( )
  hjvanderklis | Oct 20, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Daniel Rice's book #Gospel is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,994,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible