Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul by…

It was way, way too depressing. My MIL bought this for me one year for Christmas & a few years later, I still haven't finished it because every story is too sad. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
All the stories are sweet and funny. Found the stories in Section 3 the most moving because they describe cats helping their owners grieve and heal. Angels Among Us is one of the saddest stories I've read.

I am glad to learn that there are many folks out there who are willing to go out of their way to help cats. Whether providing or (finding) a home, paying for veterinarian care or searching for a lost cat, these people have shown their love and support, and recognize how much they get back in return. ( )
  Bookish59 | Oct 25, 2014 |
This is a special collection of true stories, all centered on our feline friends and their undeniable “purrsonality”.

Divided into sections, the stories vary in age of cat and the lesson or moral of each story. There is definitely something for every cat lover in this wonderful book. Each account is heartfelt and will leave you feeling good.

I the section on Love, Oscar the Garbage Can Kitty, lived in a garbage can. Then he ends up moving into the hearts and home of some kind people. I connected with this story because I knew a cat like this in my lifetime.

Other sections include Celebrating the Bond, A Furry RX, Rescue Me, and One of the Family. Each section has several stories of the special friendship and bond between human and cat. The feline personality and intelligence is showcased and celebrated.

This book is indeed “Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover’s Soul”. It is a book to savour, share, and read again.

Visit Amy Shojai at www.shojai.com . ( )
  nightprose | Jan 28, 2013 |
Cute stories about cats and their antics. ( )
  maryloudinon | Jun 15, 2010 |
This book is full of wonderful stories for cat lovers. I just adopted my first two cats in December and find the stories to be very moving and I confess a couple even brought a tear to my eye. ( )
1 vote fschipani | Apr 25, 2008 |

Canfield, JackAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Becker, Martymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hansen, Mark VictorAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kline, Carolmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Shojai, Amy D.main authorall editionsconfirmed

Cats first purred their way into human hearts thousands of years ago, and have been our treasured companions and soul mates ever since. Whether impish kittens, regal adult cats or serene seniors, it’s impossible for us to remain indifferent to them—especially at 4 A.M. when the food bowl runs dry! So smile at their many "c'attitudes," and feed your feline passion by "purr-using" wonderful stories like these:

A Russian blue comforts his mourning owner by faithfully bringing her flowers An heroic red tabby Manx saves the family he loves from a lethal gas leak in their home A Devon rex with extraordinary talents—including playing the piano—expands people's notions of what a cat can do A fish-loving shorthair nearly loses his head while scavenging in the garbage disposal—but lives to meow about it A three-legged kitty befriends a lonely third-grade girl, transforming her world and inspiring her future success in life

From playful and hilarious accounts of life with cats to heartwarming tales of cat courage, healing and learning, each touching story in Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul celebrates the special bond we share with our cats.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:58 -0400)

Inspirational stories celebrate the unique bond between feline lovers and their furry companions, featuring cats as confidants, comedians, matchmakers, nannies, rescuers, and teachers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,435,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible