The Fallen (Memory Man series) by David…

The Fallen (Memory Man series) (original 2018; edition 2018)

by David Baldacci (Author)

Member:rachelle-a-tron
Title:The Fallen (Memory Man series)
Authors:David Baldacci (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2018), Edition: First Edition, 432 pages
Tags:Read

The Fallen by David Baldacci (2018)

Amos Decker and Alex Jamison are visiting Alex sister in Baronville, Pennsylvania. They are there to celebrate Alex's niece's birthday, but they hardly get there before Amos sees something amiss in the house next door. Then, everything goes to hell!

That is all you need to know about the story that and that there will be dead bodies, lots of secrets and the most important thing of all, never trust anyone!

THE FALLEN is an action filled book that thrilled me from the beginning until the end. There is a deep dark mystery hidden in Baronville and all Amos has to do is figure out it all, and keep himself and those around him alive. I loved the setting in this book, this once glorious town that now is filled with junkies and forlorn people. There is definitely something wrong with the city, but what? One thing for sure, and that is some people will regret that Amos Decker decided to tag along with Alex...

Personally, did I find this book to be hard to put down, then again that's what I expected from this book since Baldacci always writes heart-pounding, page-turning thrillers. THE FALLEN is book four in the Amos Decker series, but they are all stand-alone so you can without any problems read this without having read the previous three books.

I want to thank Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a free copy for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
The Fallen – Amos Decker back at his best

David Baldacci clearly never rests, and has a great work ethic, as this is another book that he has written and published in a month. This time with the established Amos Decker series which is always a winner.

Decker is on a forced vacation and he has tagged along with his FBI partner Alex Jamison visiting her family in Baronville, Pennsylvania. Baronville has seen far better times, but since the closure of the mines and the mills, many are unemployed, more are on drugs, racing to death’s door.

Sat on the back porch his highly tuned antennae hears and sees something that is unusual on the house at the rear. He jumps over the fence and kicks the door down, then discovers a man hanging, and when clearing the house finds another dead in the cellar. One of the men is dressed in a police uniform, but does not look an officer.

When both dead guys finger prints come back as DEA officers, he knows they will be arriving like the cavalry riding into town. Decker soon learns from the DEA that the dead officers may have been on the take, but things are not stacking up. As he and his partner work the case, they discover that Baronville is a hot bed of heroin and fentanyl smuggling.

Working with the local police department and the DEA, Decker and Jamison work the case, they discover there is a deep and sinister heart that is destroying Baronville. It becomes a case of not knowing who they can trust, especially when they are targeted themselves, as someone attempts to murder them twice. When Jamison’s family are kidnaped do all the pieces fall into place for Decker to solve the crimes and multiple murders, while being a hero to a young girl.

This is once again an impossible thriller to put down, that casts a spell over you all the way to the end. ( )
  atticusfinch1048 | Dec 18, 2018 |
This story in the Memory Man series is not David Baldacci's best. So many people were murdered I started to not care any more. Story takes place in a small town, Baronville Pennsylvania. Amos and his female partner, Alex Jamison, are taking time off and vacationing with Alex's sister, Amber and niece Zoe. While standing on the back deck of the house, Amos Decker witnesses a fire start at a neighbors house. Not being able to turn off his detective skills, he investigates and finds two bodies, one of which is hanging from the ceiling. The book begins well, ends badly, and is slightly boring in the middle. The story became more and more difficult for the reader to suspend disbelief becoming more and more implausible. Spoiler Alert: When the criminals are finally in a stand off with Amos, they stand there yakking at each other with guns drawn explaining the mystery with Amos actually telling the perpetrator where "the treasure" was!........... Really! As the reader, I'm saying, "Shut up! enough already, arrest him!!". This story is REALLY not Baldacci's usual quality. ( )
  gaillamontagne | Nov 17, 2018 |
Murder mystery thriller with very complicated plot. ( )
  Baochuan | Nov 16, 2018 |
It's been a while since I've read a David Baldacci book. in the past, I've always enjoyed his books, but considered him to be of the James Paterson class and therefore I more or less stopped reading him.

Last week I picked up a copy ofThe Fallen that my mother-in-law had left at the house. It was a pleasant surprise as I was reminded that the man can tell a story. One that will have you guessing to the very end.

The protagonist in this effort is Amos Decker, who apparently has warranted his own series of books. Decker is a former NFL player that due to a concussion has some special abilities. Abilities that for some reason don't really come into play in this story and an angle that could have been left out. But it makes him a little unique.

The story starts when Decker and his partner are in any town Western Pennsylvania visiting his partner's sister and they sorta witness a murder. The tale unravels from there and it's a good one. Baldacci may not be the best "writer" but he can construct a narrative with the best. This one will keep you guessing to the end.

I'm not sure of this signify's a return to Baldacci for me, I am slightly intrigued with the character of Decker, but I'm not sorry about picking up the Fallen and neither will you be. ( )
  norinrad10 | Sep 29, 2018 |

Amos Decker is the Memory Man. Following a football-related head injury that altered his personality, Decker is now unable to forget even the smallest detail--as much a curse as it is a blessing. And in #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci's gripping new thriller, Decker's life might be about to change again. Something sinister is going on in Baronville. The rust belt town has seen four bizarre murders in the space of two weeks. Cryptic clues left at the scenes--obscure bible verses, odd symbols--have the police stumped.Amos Decker and his FBI colleague Alex Jamison are in Baronville visiting Alex's sister and her family. It's a bleak place: a former mill and mining town with a crumbling economy and rampant opioid addiction. Decker has only been there a few hours when he stumbles on a horrific double murder scene. Then the next killing hits sickeningly close to home. And with the lives of people he cares about suddenly hanging in the balance, Decker begins to realize that the recent string of deaths may be only one small piece of a much larger scheme--with consequences that will reach far beyond Baronville. Decker, with his singular talents, may be the only one who can crack this bizarre case. Only this time--when one mistake could cost him everything--Decker finds that his previously infallible memory may not be so trustworthy after all.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,630,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible