Coding, Robotics, and Engineering for Young…

Coding, Robotics, and Engineering for Young Students: A Tech Beginnings…

by Ann Gadzikowski

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Teaching kids who are interested in coding and engineering can be challenging. This book makes that task easier, by providing easy to follow lessons and step-by-step projects. Concepts are built upon as the instruction moves forward, making for a comprehensive and easy-to-use curriculum. ( )
  lpmejia | Aug 29, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
For teachers of young students (pre-K through 2nd grade), this book offers general suggestions and specific examples of how to integrate the STEM topics of computing programming, robots, and engineering into your curriculum.

Initially I mis-read the title as applying to grades through the end of high school, so I was surprised at how slender the book is. But when I realized that the book was just for a few grades, I realized that there is a lot of material here! There is text for Teacher Prep; ideas for discussions; rubrics; sample projects; sample activities for times when the children get antsy; suggested assignments; and more.

This book should be a great help to a teacher who wants to add these topics to their classroom but is unsure of how to begin. ( )
  wenestvedt | Jul 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book for free as part of LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program.

This is a complete curriculum for teaching simple programming concepts to very young, but very bright children. Since I haven't attempted to execute this program, I cannot comment on how well it works in practice. However, it does look to be well-structured, broken up into appropriate length lessons, and most importantly, fun for the kind of child who would be interested in this kind of thing.

I suspect my children would enjoy such a program, which is about the best endorsement a non-educator parent could give. ( )
  bespen | Mar 10, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Received this book for free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. While I teach an older audience I requested this book as my students have little to no coding experience. The ideas and lessons presented in this book have been tried and tested so I don't have to reinvent the wheel just scale it to my high school age students. Great ideas for lessons and ways to include coding and robotics for an age group that some people might think are too young - but this book shows that you young students are capable of learning these 21st century skills. ( )
  hollicolli | Feb 28, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Honestly, I have no idea how to evaluate this book. I think I requested it in error -- I don't teach kids that young, and it's completely unclear to me how to think about it. I guess it looks reasonable.
  jwpell | Feb 20, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Ann Gadzikowski's book Coding, Robotics, and Engineering for Young Students: A Tech Beginnings Curriculum is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,268,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible