Prom Nights from Hell by Meg Cabot

Prom Nights from Hell (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Meg Cabot (Contributor), Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe

1,192519,918 (3.34)21
Member:MissMac
Title:Prom Nights from Hell
Authors:Meg Cabot
Other authors:Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe
Info:Harperteen (2007), Hardcover, 304 pages

Prom Nights from Hell by Stephenie Meyer (Contributor) (2007)

Recently added byoffauna, rena75, mlight620, Master275

Meg Cabot - The Exterminator's Daughter
It's Meg Cabot so it's cute and quirky. It's "The Exterminator" which is kind of like The Slayer so that part is a tad bit lame. There's a girl dumb enough to want to be bitten, written in the way only Meg Cabot could. The story doesn't bring anything new to the genre but it's adorable and a quick read.

Lauren Myracle - The Corsage
Sad. Just so very sad. You really can't wish them back but someone always has to try. It's a good take on an old story, with a nice mixture of fear and sadness at the end.

Kim Harrison - Madison Avery and the Dim Reaper
I couldn't tell what Harrison was trying to do here. This story had the feel of being part of a larger universe, which made me wonder if she is planning something new or if it's just a case of bad writing. I thought from the title that it would be comedy, but it really wasn't. There was an overabundance of Reapers--White, Gray, Black--and it all seemed just too much for this one short story. Like I said, it felt like part of something larger. If I were to have read a book where Madison and Barnabas had an established relationship and universe, then went back and read this as an origin story I'd be pleased, but otherwise it really doesn't stand well on its own.

Michele Jaffe - Kiss and Tell
Chick with superpowers. Check. Cumean Sibyl to be. Check. Twists I didn't see coming. Check. I liked this. I'd be happy to read more in this universe, especially about Sibby.

Stephenie Meyer - Hell on Earth
Mother of god, this was terrible! So Sheba is a demon and Gabriel Michael Christensen (I know) is the offspring of a human and an angel and once a demon discovers love with an angel her internal flame goes out and she is trapped. Or something. It's possible this story ended abruptly because I have an electronic copy, it's also possible that's just how SMeyer ended it. If you read this book take my advice and close it before you get to this story. You'll thank me. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
Meg Cabot, "The Exterminator's Daughter." Mary is determined to get revenge on Dracula's son for Turning her mother and seducing her best friend. Her best chance to stake him? Prom, of course. Shallow but cute.

Lauren Myracle, "The Corsage." A prom-centric version of "The Monkey's Paw." Nothing new, but not terrible.

Kim Harrison, "Madison Avery and the Dim Reaper." Madison is killed on prom night, but as the Reapers argue over her body, she escapes and tries to live like a human again. Cool set-up, but it ends abruptly--it's clearly the start of a much longer tale, not a short story.

Michelle Jaffe, "Kiss and Tell." Miranda has super powers, a blank period of her memory, and a guilt complex. She moonlights as a chauffeur; one day, a client gets her embroiled in a huge conspiracy. I liked Miranda, who is both very capable and quite clever, and I really enjoyed her banter-y friendship with Sibby.

Stephenie Meyer, "Hell on Earth." A minor demon tries to create havoc at the prom, but is thwarted by a blond, blue-eyed boy of perfect goodness named, I kid you not, Gabriel Michael Christensen. Told through the demon's eyes, who thinks things like, "No--not that! Not happiness!

If she was already feeling happy, then better things couldn't be too far behind. Was there no way to avoid the horrible wonder of love?" [b:The Screwtape Letters|17383917|The Screwtape Letters Annotated Edition|C.S. Lewis|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1366775734s/17383917.jpg|2920952], this ain't. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
I only read the Kim Harrison story. Madison Avery from her YA series, is going to the Prom. Her life is turned upside down when she discovers she is a pity date. The one that rides in to her rescue is not anything she can imagine.
Fun, quick, a definite read for series fans. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Scary stories about prom night?!
Completely amazing!
Kind of special.
Some stories about prom nights with vampires, supernatural creatures and determinated and special girls who are "exemples".
Read it several times!!! ( )
  anaesteves | May 21, 2015 |
Scary stories about prom night?!
Completely amazing!
Kind of special.
Read it several times!!! ( )
  anaesteves | May 21, 2015 |

Fusari, LucaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marmugi, ChiaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Müller, BarbaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ryan,AmyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

In this exciting collection, bestselling authors Meg Cabot (How to Be Popular), Kim Harrison (A Fistful of Charms), Michele Jaffe (Bad Kitty), Stephenie Meyer (Twilight), and Lauren Myracle (ttyl) take bad prom nights to a whole new level—a paranormally bad level. Wardrobe malfunctions and two left feet don't hold a candle to discovering your date is the Grim Reaper—and he isn't here to tell you how hot you look.

From angels fighting demons to a creepy take on getting what you wish for, these five stories will entertain better than any DJ in a bad tux. No corsage or limo rental necessary. Just good, scary fun.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:00 -0400)

Presents five stories about proms where unexpected events take a turn for the worse, offering up everything from fledgling superheroes to grim reapers to a creepy update on the classic three-wishes-gone-bad tale.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,283,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible