I'll Carry the Fork! Recovering a Life After…

I'll Carry the Fork! Recovering a Life After Brain Injury

by Kara L. Swanson

"Dear Jessi, I happen to think your name is great as Jessi. Very nice to talk to you at the conference. I certainly wish you well in your work. You're welcome to do a test group in Michigan any time. Best to you and yours, God Speed, Kara Swanson, 2001"
  jsund | Jul 22, 2015 |

In January 1996, a van speeding through a red light ended the life Kara Swanson had known. She suddenly joined the 2 million Americans who suffer brain injury each year. It was like being thrust into a foreign country with no map, no way to speak the language, no directions home.

"This is the book I wish I could have read when I was first diagnosed with a brain injury," Kara writes. I tried to take the information that it took me months and years to learn and put it into a short, easy-to-read book that would help survivors and their loved ones better understand the process of recovery."

Written with laugh-out-loud humor, candor, and technical input from medical and legal profesionals, "I'll Carry the Fork!" offers inspiration and practical help to anyone dealing with the aftermath of brain injury. Because as Kara says, "Sometimes when your life ends, you don't actually die."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:28 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,947,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible