A Sure-Fire Cure by Kate Steele

A Sure-Fire Cure

by Kate Steele

Way too much sex - I ended up skimming all of the sex scenes in the second half of the book - and not enough plot development. While the romance aspect was sweet, the stalker thread and the evil father plotline were very thin.

Lots of great chemistry between the MCs and their romance was sweet and sexy, although the angst for the sake of make-up sex in a book already chock full of smut was unnecessary. ( )
  jules0623 | Mar 31, 2013 |

jules0623 | Mar 29, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this book it was the first gay erotica that I read. I liked the characters I thought that they were believeable and liked the bits of mystery that came up it made the story more exciting. I would recommend this to a first time reader of the genere. ( )
  bookwormermetro | Mar 10, 2011 |
4.5 of 5 starsI really liked this story and look forward to reading more from this author. Dean and Scott were great, three-dimensional characters, and the story was well-written with a lot of details that enriched the plot. That said, the stalker element of the story is pretty predictable, but it didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the book. I sometimes forgot all about there even being a stalker - I was that engrossed in Dean and Scott's growing relationship.http://iheartpaperbacks.com ( )
  anesthezea | Oct 15, 2009 |
A very well done western romance! Dean is the new vet in a small town. Eight years ago he suffered a horrible betrayal by his first lover. Since then he has refused to let anyone into his heart again. Scott is a handsome rancher who is tired of casual dating and wants a deeper relationship. He has his eye on Dean, and is determined to bring the man out of his shell.

Steele has written a simple, but very elegant romance. Though there is a minor plot revolving around a "watcher" who is obsessed with Dean, the main focus is Scott's attempt to woo Dean. The story has some excellent sex scenes, with special care taken of the fact that Dean is much less experienced than Scott. Those scenes are tender and quite touching. However, the men spend as much time together out of the bedroom as in, actually learning about one another and building trust. The characters are likeable, realistic and hot (this is romance, after all). Highly recommended. ( )
  jshillingford | Sep 16, 2007 |

Who knew love could be dangerous? Veterinarian Dean Conlon had a pretty good idea. After betrayal at the hands of a former lover, even a guy as sweet as Scott Whittaker seems dangerous, but he can't deny the attraction. While Dean struggles against his own fears, Scott wages a tempting campaign of seduction. As the walls come down, Dean and Scott discover a love greater than either could have foreseen and a danger that rises to separate them forever.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,753,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible