Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Trampoline Boy by Nan Forler

Trampoline Boy (edition 2018)

by Nan Forler (Author), Marion Arbona (Illustrator)

Member:athometarheel
Title:Trampoline Boy
Authors:Nan Forler (Author)
Other authors:Marion Arbona (Illustrator)
Info:Tundra Books (2018), 48 pages

Trampoline Boy by Nan Forler

I chose this book based initially on the shape of the book itself; slender and tall - pages seemed to be almost cut in half. What a tremendous use of space, illustrator Marion Arbona, used to portray the buoyancy and effortless shape of flight. The text was flat in my opinion, but maybe it needed to be to give way and elevate the book's vivid illustrations. ( )
  NDeBlieux | Apr 26, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
cute book, nice illustrations ( )
  TildenSchoolLibrary | Sep 4, 2018 |
This book seems like it might be a bit large for the library, so I am a bit on the fence. BUT the oversize books are popular, so I am leaning towards thinking it would be a nice addition.

It is a bit psychedelic, very colorful, a little scary, with slightly odd looking children. I don't know that I would buy it as a gift book, unless the child likes jumping on the trampoline.

*eARC Netgalley* ( )
  Critterbee | Apr 16, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A little boy is obsessed with a trampoline. All he does all day every day is jump on a trampoline. Everyone just goes and watches him jump on a trampoline every day. One day, a girl comes up to him and wants to learn how he does it. They jump on the trampoline to the sky with the birds and planes, loving life.

This is a decent picture book with a decent message about determination and finding beauty. I assume that's what it's about anyway. Otherwise it's just a book about a kid who jumps and a girl who jumps with him Not too much happening, but not a terrible book or objective.

Have to say I'm not a fan of the artwork. While it is not terrible, it's not great or timeless. The cover is not anything I imagine kids would pick out, but parents probably would. I have to say the little girl in the book is creepy looking, a Raggedy Ann doll reject. Definitely not a fan.

While a decent picture book that is a simple story, it's worth reading once. Can't say I've seen many trampoline picture books, so it's definitely worth reading it just because of the rarity of the topic. ( )
  mandymarie20 | Apr 14, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Trampoline Boy is an odd little book. I liked the fantasy of jumping up into the sky above the clouds that the boy seemed to use as a coping mechanism. But, nothing else really happens. Yes, he meets a girl, and she jumps with him, but that's it. Jumping into the sky. That's the story. Also the way he and Peaches jump together into the sky is strangely romantic. The saving grace of this book is the illustrations. The characters floating in the sky is soothing and beautiful. Children may enjoy this aspect of the book, but there really isn't much in the way of a story to latch on to. ( )
  TheLoopyLibrarian | Apr 6, 2018 |

Nan Forlerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Arbona, MarionIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Through the eyes of a character we only know as Trampoline Boy, we are invited to understand how he sees the world. His favorite thing to do is jump up and down, up and down on his trampoline. Kids walk by and tease him, but he remains steadfast and calm. One day, a quietly exuberant girl, Peaches, is fascinated by his jumping. Trampoline Boy wordlessly invites her to jump with him, and by spending this time with him, Peaches and readers get to see how important and valuable different perspectives are.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Nan Forler's book Trampoline Boy was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,483,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible