Black Rose: In the Garden Trilogy by Nora…

Black Rose: In the Garden Trilogy (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Nora Roberts

Member:Lilaena
Title:Black Rose: In the Garden Trilogy
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Jove (2005), Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, nora roberts, romance

Black Rose by Nora Roberts (2005)

Recently added byReneSchwartz, rena75, weynand

English (31)  Portuguese (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  All languages (34)
this book was so good! full of ups and downs and twist and tons of cute romantic gestures I found myself smiling at every Mitch and Roz interaction!
Soon as I finished this one I grabbed for Red Lily the 3rd and final book in this trilogy! eeek can't wait to see how it all ends! ( )
  ReadingwithLynn | Sep 25, 2018 |
I've never read a book that crawled into my bones and put fear in my veins. This one did just that...
It was raw, gritty, and scary.

The story will consume you from the beginning and stay with you long after the last page. It is about a girl who is kidnapped and taken to a cellar where other girls are being kept. Together they form a bond and help one another survive the brutal torture they receive. Their time is limited though... The girls witness murder and realize they must get out before it's too late.

The story is told in switched POVs. We get to see Lee's story of trying to survive and we also get to see Richard's search for his girlfriend. Normally, I am not a fan of multiple POVs, but with this one... it worked.

If you are wondering if it's similar to other books, I will say this... It is in a league of it's own. Yeah, it's your typical dark read, but the twists and turns along the way are incredible. They will have you on the edge of your seat, begging for an HEA.

Now, if you like your stories clean and romantic... This book is probably not for you. As stated, it is a wild ride with a MAJOR creep factor. There is rape and torture. You have been warned*

If you like a slightly messed up story... THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!
Highly Recommend! ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
I loved the first book very much so I was really excited when I got the second book. I love Roz and Mitchell so much they are fantastic. We continue to learn more about Amelia and not one bit was boring. A real page turner that I couldn't put down. ( )
  SweetLiar | May 5, 2016 |
This was so good! Roz and Mitch are stepping up their search for the identity of the Harper Bride and things are getting very interesting around Harper House. Of course, the ghost isn't too thrilled about Roz and Mitch's budding romance and decides to make her feelings known. Gotta love a good haunting! Can Roz handle it? Read it and find out.

I love these characters. Their is a delightful sense of family surrounding them and the close knit friendships are really well written. I also enjoyed the suspense in this book, including the side plot with Roz's ex. Bryce is a complete...um...jerk. It was a great opportunity to focus on her strength and independence.

Moving on to the final book soon! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 11, 2016 |
The second book of the "In The Garden" trilogy focused on the head of Harper House, Rosalind (Roz). I got to find out more about the "Harper Ghost", and watch the progression of the relationship between Roz and Mitchell Carnegie, the man who is researching the Harper geneology. The book doesn't contain much about Stella and Logan (from book 1) except for the wedding. There are some interesting scenes about Bryce Clerk (Roz's second husband) - her one error in judgement. It was also great to find out where the title originated. I liked this second book. Nora Roberts can keep me interested even though I might be able to anticipate where the various relationships might end up. ( )
  MelAnnC | Feb 28, 2016 |
Black Rose, book two of the In the Garden series, unlocks a few more secrets in the Harper Bride mystery while building on this warm and lov- ing family drama, which is laced with strength and passion. Excellent as always!

Une plante mère cultivée uniquement pour fournir des boutures. On peut encourager une croissance favorable au prélèvement de boutures alors que les plantes destinées à être plantées dans un jardin peuvent être laissées intactes.
American Horticulture Society, sur la multiplication des plantes
Qui veut savoir des secrets doit chercher dans la peine ou dans le plaisir.
George Herbert
For Stacie,
It's wise for a mother to love the woman her son loves.
But it's a lovely gift to live the woman
who becomes your daughter.
Thanks for the gift.
She dressed carefully, attending to the details of her appearance as she hadn't done for months.
A stock plant is grown purely to provide cutting material. It can be encourage to produce the best type of growth for cuttings while plants that are grown for garden display can be left untouched. - American Horticulture Society Plant Progagation
If you would know secrets, look for them in greif or pleasure. - George Herbert

Three women meet at a crossroads in their lives, each searching for new ways to grow-and find in each other the courage to take chances and embrace the future. Roz is a woman of independent means who thought love was behind her, but when romance takes her by surprise, she won't allow anything to keep her from her second chance at happiness. A Harper has always lived at Harper House, the centuries-old mansion just outside of Memphis. And for as long as anyone alive remembers, the ghostly Harper Bride has walked the halls, singing lullabies at night... At forty-five, Rosalind Harper is a woman whose experiences have made her strong enough to bend without breaking-and weather any storm. A widow with three grown sons, she survived a disastrous second marriage, and built her In the Garden nursery from the ground up. Through the years, In the Garden has become more than just a thriving business-it is a symbol of hope and independence to Roz, and to the two women she shares it with. Newlywed Stella and new mother Hayley are the sisters of her heart, and together, the three of them are the future of In the Garden. But now that future is under attack, and Roz knows they can't fight this battle alone. Hired to investigate Roz's Harper ancestors, Dr. Mitchell Carnagie finds himself just as intrigued with Roz herself. And as they begin to unravel the puzzle of the Harper Bride's identity, Roz is shocked to find herself falling for the fascinating genealogist. Now it is a desperate race to discover the truth before the unpredictable apparition lashes out at the one woman who can help her rest in peace...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515138657, Mass Market Paperback)

Roz is a woman of independent means who thinks love is all in the past-but she's about to be taken by surprise.

Number-one bestselling author Nora Roberts presents the second novel of her In the Garden trilogy, as three women discover the secrets from the past contained within their historic home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:22 -0400)

Roz, a wealthy and independent woman who believes that love is behind her, is stunned when unexpected romance comes into her life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,528,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible