Black Rose: In the Garden Trilogy by Nora…

Black Rose: In the Garden Trilogy (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Nora Roberts

Three women meet at a crossroads in their lives, each searching for new ways to grow -- and find in each other the courage to take chances and embrace the future. Roz is a woman of independent means who thought love was behind her, but when romance takes her by surprise, she won't allow anything to keep her from her second chance at happiness.… (more)
Member:AmCorKragujevac
Title:Black Rose: In the Garden Trilogy
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Jove (2005), Edition: First, Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:R19

Black Rose by Nora Roberts (2005)

English (34)  Portuguese (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  All languages (37)
Roz is running a gardening business out of her home and has hired Mitch to help investigate who might be the ghost that has been in her historical home all her life. She suspects one of her ancestors, but wants to find out for sure.

This is the second book in a series (trilogy, I think). Unfortunately, it took me about 2/3 of the book to figure out who most the supporting characters were (though two of them would have been the main characters in the first book; I just remembered nothing about it!). Even after figuring out most of the characters, there were still a few that confounded me until the end. Anyway, I’m rating the book ok. The ghost story is the interesting part of the story. The romance – meh. Roz, I think, was 47 years old (my age), but to me, for some reason, I pictured her in her 60s! I’m not sure if I’ll read the last book or not, although I am curious to find out more about the ghost. ( )
  LibraryCin | Dec 13, 2019 |
2006
  SandyDawn | Jul 14, 2019 |
Fun mind candy ( )
  LisaBurns1066 | Jun 9, 2019 |
this book was so good! full of ups and downs and twist and tons of cute romantic gestures I found myself smiling at every Mitch and Roz interaction!
Soon as I finished this one I grabbed for Red Lily the 3rd and final book in this trilogy! eeek can't wait to see how it all ends! ( )
  ReadingwithLynn | Sep 25, 2018 |
I've never read a book that crawled into my bones and put fear in my veins. This one did just that...
It was raw, gritty, and scary.

The story will consume you from the beginning and stay with you long after the last page. It is about a girl who is kidnapped and taken to a cellar where other girls are being kept. Together they form a bond and help one another survive the brutal torture they receive. Their time is limited though... The girls witness murder and realize they must get out before it's too late.

The story is told in switched POVs. We get to see Lee's story of trying to survive and we also get to see Richard's search for his girlfriend. Normally, I am not a fan of multiple POVs, but with this one... it worked.

If you are wondering if it's similar to other books, I will say this... It is in a league of it's own. Yeah, it's your typical dark read, but the twists and turns along the way are incredible. They will have you on the edge of your seat, begging for an HEA.

Now, if you like your stories clean and romantic... This book is probably not for you. As stated, it is a wild ride with a MAJOR creep factor. There is rape and torture. You have been warned*

If you like a slightly messed up story... THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!
Highly Recommend! ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
Black Rose, book two of the In the Garden series, unlocks a few more secrets in the Harper Bride mystery while building on this warm and lov- ing family drama, which is laced with strength and passion. Excellent as always!

Une plante mère cultivée uniquement pour fournir des boutures. On peut encourager une croissance favorable au prélèvement de boutures alors que les plantes destinées à être plantées dans un jardin peuvent être laissées intactes.
American Horticulture Society, sur la multiplication des plantes
Qui veut savoir des secrets doit chercher dans la peine ou dans le plaisir.
George Herbert
For Stacie,
It's wise for a mother to love the woman her son loves.
But it's a lovely gift to live the woman
who becomes your daughter.
Thanks for the gift.
She dressed carefully, attending to the details of her appearance as she hadn't done for months.
A stock plant is grown purely to provide cutting material. It can be encourage to produce the best type of growth for cuttings while plants that are grown for garden display can be left untouched. - American Horticulture Society Plant Progagation
If you would know secrets, look for them in greif or pleasure. - George Herbert

Three women meet at a crossroads in their lives, each searching for new ways to grow-and find in each other the courage to take chances and embrace the future. Roz is a woman of independent means who thought love was behind her, but when romance takes her by surprise, she won't allow anything to keep her from her second chance at happiness. A Harper has always lived at Harper House, the centuries-old mansion just outside of Memphis. And for as long as anyone alive remembers, the ghostly Harper Bride has walked the halls, singing lullabies at night... At forty-five, Rosalind Harper is a woman whose experiences have made her strong enough to bend without breaking-and weather any storm. A widow with three grown sons, she survived a disastrous second marriage, and built her In the Garden nursery from the ground up. Through the years, In the Garden has become more than just a thriving business-it is a symbol of hope and independence to Roz, and to the two women she shares it with. Newlywed Stella and new mother Hayley are the sisters of her heart, and together, the three of them are the future of In the Garden. But now that future is under attack, and Roz knows they can't fight this battle alone. Hired to investigate Roz's Harper ancestors, Dr. Mitchell Carnagie finds himself just as intrigued with Roz herself. And as they begin to unravel the puzzle of the Harper Bride's identity, Roz is shocked to find herself falling for the fascinating genealogist. Now it is a desperate race to discover the truth before the unpredictable apparition lashes out at the one woman who can help her rest in peace...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,804,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible