Blue Window by Adina Rishe Gewirtz

Literary Merit: Poor
Characterization: Weak
Recommend: No
Level: Middle Grade
A weird mix of asking a lot of young readers, but not being good enough to earn such efforts. The books was way too long and had too many shifting character perspectives and was set in a fantasy world without a specific enough premise that I could understand it. Yet the writing style was for lower level readers and didn’t give vivid or compelling descriptions to help readers stick with the long plot. I don’t see any of my middle schoolers reading this book, and no high schooler would put up with the writing style or young characters ( )
  SWONroyal | Jul 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The beginning of this book reminded me of the Narnia books. I could not follow or get into this book at all. It was extremely long with about 100 chapters. ( )
  Melanie_Green-Ar6368 | Jun 14, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book left me with the feeling that anything is possible. I had a hard time getting into the book, but once I was in, I was hooked and read the entire 500+ page book in 3 days time. Master watcher made me mad with his sexism as well as the rest of that group. Why won't they teach girls?!? That part of the book made me frustrated. I noticed many small errors in spelling in punctuation, but as this was an early reviewer book, it was to be expected. Amazing book that has earned 4.5 stars!!! ( )
  BlitzCat9502 | May 4, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have tried to read this book three times and I can not get into it. I really liked the idea of the book but is was going so slow that it could not keep my interest and will read almost anything. I think if this book was edited down to a 300 page book to fix the pacing issues it would be a much better book. ( )
  akdickens | Apr 24, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I actually enjoyed a lot of this book, and I thought that the premise was very interesting! It felt a bit like a mix between Narnia and Oz, with a darker twist.

I did feel like the book was something that I'd read before, but nevertheless it was a fun read. I did have a little trouble with the characters in the beginning, since there were so many, and honestly I feel like that was unnecessary.

I do feel like this would be a good bedtime read though! ( )
  CatherineHsu | Mar 18, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Adina Rishe Gewirtz's book Blue Window is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,843,028 books! | Top bar: Always visible