Blue Dahlia (In the Garden, Book 1) by Nora…

Blue Dahlia (In the Garden, Book 1) (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Nora Roberts

Member:rooner
Title:Blue Dahlia (In the Garden, Book 1)
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Jove (2004), Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***
Tags:read, fiction, romance, gardening, In the Garden Trilogy, 2012

Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts (2004)

English (43)  Portuguese (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (45)
I really need to remember this book. I remember liking it a lot and being enchanted by the ending, wishing I had the sequel. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
I love this book so much. Besides it being a really wonderful story of romance and a great friendship of women I also really loved the ghost part and the insights were were provided of Amelia when she had been alive. This book actually also greatly piqued my interest in gardening and landscaping. Beautifully descriptive settings. ( )
  SweetLiar | May 5, 2016 |
This was a lot of fun to read! It is a ghost story and does start out on a sad note, but there are lots of light-hearted moments as Stella and her boys recover from their family tragedy. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Logan and Stella, too. They were such polar opposites that it allowed the author to build in so many entertaining scenes. The relationship he developed with her boys was very endearing, too.

I'm dying to know the full story with the ghost! I though those scenes were extremely well done. I actually got goosebumps a few times, especially during her encounters with Hayley. I'm look forward to Roz's story in book two! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
This was a re-read for me, and just as enjoyable the second time. In this book, we are introduced to Stella (a widow with 2 young sons who is an organized, efficient mother and manager), to Roz (the owner of the Harper estate and the nursery In the Garden who gives Stella the job of a lifetime), and to Hayley(Roz's distant cousin who is 6 months pregnant when we meet her; she is an energetic, people person who excels at sales). Stella (with her 2 boys) and Hayley end up living in Roz's house and quickly become a family. We also meet Stella's love interest - the creative, disorganized landscape designer who is working for Roz, and David, Roz's quiet son who works in the propogation part of the nursery. The last important character to mention is the "Harper Bride" - the ghost who visits children and sings to them. ( )
  MelAnnC | Feb 28, 2016 |
Good read - typical Nora Roberts series - but what I like most about this book is that Stella's first - deceased - husband is not discredited in any way, which so often happens in other books where a widow or widower finds new love. Stella and her kids are 'allowed' to keep loving him as well as Logan. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Blue Dahlia kicks off another new paranormal trilogy from the hugely prolific Roberts. As in her previous trilogies, the cast is now assembled and the fun can begin.

Touching emotion, fascinating characters and a tantalizing ghost add up to extreme reading pleasure.

Roberts, Noraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Quijada Vargas, EncarnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
If the plant root ball is tightly packed with roots, these should be gently loosened. They need to spread out after planting, rather than continue to grow in a tight mass.
--From the Treasure of Gardening, on transplanting potted plants.

And 'tis my faith that every flower Enjoys the air it breathes.
--Wordsworth
To Dan and Jason, you may be men, but you will always be my boys.
Birthing a bastard wasn't in the plans.

Recently widowed, Stella Rothchild is no stranger to the ghosts of the past, but the move from Michigan back to her roots near Memphis, Tennessee is supposed to be about the future. Her two energetic young sons are thriving in their new school. Stella's got a great job managing successful nursery 'In the Garden' and an interesting boss and landlady in local legend Roz Harper. She even has a new friend in Hayley Phillips, the feisty young pregnant woman who turns up at Harper House, Stella's new home, looking for a job. More than that, Stella feels an instant attraction to 'In the Garden's' landscaper, Logan Kitridge, who gets under her skin and makes her feel truly alive for the first time in years. But there is someone at Harper House who isn't happy about Stella's growing feelings for Logan - the Harper Bride, an unidentified woman whose grief and rage have kept her spirit alive long past the death of her body. Love and loss broke her mind, and in her madness, she will stop at nothing to destroy the new passion that Logan and Stella have found.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 051513855X, Mass Market Paperback)

Read the excerpt now!

Against the backdrop of a house steeped in history and a thriving new gardening business, three women unearth the memories of the past and uncover a dangerous secret—finding in each other the courage to take chances and embrace the future.

Stella has a passion for planning that keeps her from taking too many risks. But when she opens her heart to a new love, she discovers that she will fight to the death to protect what’s hers.

Trying to escape the ghosts of the past, young widow Stella Rothchild, along with her two energetic little boys, has moved back to her roots in southern Tennessee—and into her new life at Harper House and In the Garden nursery. She isn’t intimidated by the house—nor its mistress, local legend Roz Harper. Despite a reputation for being difficult, Roz has been nothing but kind to Stella, offering her a comfortable new place to live and a challenging new job as manager of the flourishing nursery. As Stella settles comfortably into her new life, she finds a nurturing friendship with Roz and with expectant mother Hayley. And she discovers a fierce attraction with ruggedly handsome landscaper Logan Kitridge

But someone isn’t happy about the budding romance…the Harper Bride. As the women dig into the history of Harper House, they discover that grief and rage have kept the Bride’s spirit alive long past her death. And now, she will do anything to destroy the passion that Logan and Stella share...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:29 -0400)

Centering around three courageous women, who meet for the first time at a crossroads in their lives, this first installment in a new trilogy follows Stella as she casts aside her fears and finds a special love that she will do anything to protect.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,869,065 books! | Top bar: Always visible