Blue Dahlia (In the Garden, Book 1) by Nora…

Blue Dahlia (In the Garden, Book 1) (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Nora Roberts

Member:Lilaena
Title:Blue Dahlia (In the Garden, Book 1)
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Jove (2004), Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, nora roberts, romance

Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts (2004)

English (45)  Portuguese (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (47)
First read in June, 2011 ( )
  litetmonster | Jan 25, 2019 |
Nora Roberts never writes a bad or even a mediocre book. They are also well done and the characters are at least likable for the most part. I always like characters that become your friends that you look forward to seeing again in other books. I do have to admit that I like her suspense books more than the garden variety, (no pun indented), romance novels. Of course I like almost anyone's suspense novels more than anyone's romances. I thought the ending was cut a bit short but I guess that was to make room for the sequel. I'm not sure I will continue with books 2 and 3 but I eagerly await her In Death books that she writes as J.D. Robb. ( )
  Carol420 | Jan 15, 2019 |
Blue Dahlia is an emotional book that tells the story of going on with a life after tragedy strikes and is full of new beginnings that leaves the reader what to know whats happens next in the story. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
3.5 stars

A couple of years after Stella’s husband dies in a plane crash, she and her two sons move to Tennessee, where her father and stepmother live. Stella quickly finds a job (and a place to live) with Roz, who owns a gardening company. Roz also owns a huge old house, complete with a resident ghost, who seems to enjoy children. Logan, another employee of Roz’s, and Stella get off to a bad start; Stella is super-organized and is trying to organize Roz’s company, and Logan is not.

I enjoyed this. It wasn’t fast-moving or anything, but it was enjoyable. I liked the ghost story, in particular. This, being the first in the trilogy, didn’t come to a full conclusion and we can already figure out who will be paired up with whom in the next two books, but that’s ok. I’d like to continue and I certainly want to learn more about the ghost story! ( )
  LibraryCin | Aug 2, 2017 |
I really need to remember this book. I remember liking it a lot and being enchanted by the ending, wishing I had the sequel. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Blue Dahlia kicks off another new paranormal trilogy from the hugely prolific Roberts. As in her previous trilogies, the cast is now assembled and the fun can begin.

Touching emotion, fascinating characters and a tantalizing ghost add up to extreme reading pleasure.

Roberts, Noraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Quijada Vargas, EncarnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
If the plant root ball is tightly packed with roots, these should be gently loosened. They need to spread out after planting, rather than continue to grow in a tight mass.
--From the Treasure of Gardening, on transplanting potted plants.

And 'tis my faith that every flower Enjoys the air it breathes.
--Wordsworth
To Dan and Jason, you may be men, but you will always be my boys.
Birthing a bastard wasn't in the plans.

Recently widowed, Stella Rothchild is no stranger to the ghosts of the past, but the move from Michigan back to her roots near Memphis, Tennessee is supposed to be about the future. Her two energetic young sons are thriving in their new school. Stella's got a great job managing successful nursery 'In the Garden' and an interesting boss and landlady in local legend Roz Harper. She even has a new friend in Hayley Phillips, the feisty young pregnant woman who turns up at Harper House, Stella's new home, looking for a job. More than that, Stella feels an instant attraction to 'In the Garden's' landscaper, Logan Kitridge, who gets under her skin and makes her feel truly alive for the first time in years. But there is someone at Harper House who isn't happy about Stella's growing feelings for Logan - the Harper Bride, an unidentified woman whose grief and rage have kept her spirit alive long past the death of her body. Love and loss broke her mind, and in her madness, she will stop at nothing to destroy the new passion that Logan and Stella have found.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 051513855X, Mass Market Paperback)

Read the excerpt now!

Against the backdrop of a house steeped in history and a thriving new gardening business, three women unearth the memories of the past and uncover a dangerous secret—finding in each other the courage to take chances and embrace the future.

Stella has a passion for planning that keeps her from taking too many risks. But when she opens her heart to a new love, she discovers that she will fight to the death to protect what’s hers.

Trying to escape the ghosts of the past, young widow Stella Rothchild, along with her two energetic little boys, has moved back to her roots in southern Tennessee—and into her new life at Harper House and In the Garden nursery. She isn’t intimidated by the house—nor its mistress, local legend Roz Harper. Despite a reputation for being difficult, Roz has been nothing but kind to Stella, offering her a comfortable new place to live and a challenging new job as manager of the flourishing nursery. As Stella settles comfortably into her new life, she finds a nurturing friendship with Roz and with expectant mother Hayley. And she discovers a fierce attraction with ruggedly handsome landscaper Logan Kitridge

But someone isn’t happy about the budding romance…the Harper Bride. As the women dig into the history of Harper House, they discover that grief and rage have kept the Bride’s spirit alive long past her death. And now, she will do anything to destroy the passion that Logan and Stella share...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:29 -0400)

Centering around three courageous women, who meet for the first time at a crossroads in their lives, this first installment in a new trilogy follows Stella as she casts aside her fears and finds a special love that she will do anything to protect.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,499,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible