Mouse Guard Volume 1: Fall 1152 (v. 1) by…

Mouse Guard Volume 1: Fall 1152 (v. 1) (edition 2009)

by David Petersen

Member:harriscountypl
Title:Mouse Guard Volume 1: Fall 1152 (v. 1)
Authors:David Petersen
Info:Archaia Entertainment, LLC (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 192 pages
Collections:Book Hunters
Tags:graphic novel, mouse, mice, medieval

Mouse Guard, Volume 1: Fall 1152 by David Petersen

English (49)  French (2)  All languages (51)
Mouse Guard Fall 1152 by David Peterson – This is a well-written, very creative, children’s story book about a society of mice that is protected from predators and other dangers by the Mouse Guard. After experiencing it, I understand why my wife encouraged me to read it. This children’s story is lavishly illustrated in full color within a stylish 192-page hardback. This story focuses on Lieam, Saxon, and Kenzie (three of the Guard’s finest mice) who must try to stop a traitorous plot against the Guard. It’s a cute and exciting children’s story, but the real attraction is the beautiful art work and the wonderful mice civilization that Peterson has created. This beautiful book also includes extra art panels, maps, illustrations of common mice trade-workers, etc. It’s good stuff and this is the first of many Mouse Guard books that are now available. ( )
  clark.hallman | Dec 15, 2014 |
I read this with my daughters. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. The artwork was very good and we loved the different scenery and art. The story was quite basic but we all had a great time and were immersed in the story. Definitely will reread and get the sequel. ( )
  briandarvell | Oct 10, 2014 |
Exceptional art and story. If I collected graphic novels, I would definitely have this series. ( )
  lesmel | Aug 27, 2014 |
The art is spare, which matches the storytelling and both do a good job of building the dangerous world of the Mouse Guard. A viscious early battle with a snake sets the tone and and is immediately followed by the first of some interesting narrative twists. It peaked my interest just when I was starting to expect a more standard sword-and-shield storyline. The entire plot didn't quite live up to those new expectations, but interesting characters world-building more than compensated. ( )
  thermopyle | Dec 13, 2013 |
mouse guard was amazing. I love it was about . three mice are trying to find the traitor ....
  Hayli81 | Oct 25, 2013 |
It’s the details that sell the tale, as when the mice make camp, curled up in makeshift shelter with weapons at the ready, or when a leaf becomes a boat for coastal travel. The fight scenes are admirably staged, and the animals are realistic (with the addition of their tiny swords and other weapons).

For my wife Julia

And in loving memory of
Gilbert and Doris Peterson
The mice struggle to live safely and prosper among all of the world's harsh conditions and predators.
Let me tell ye about the Guard.
"It matters not what you gifht but what you fight for."

Adventures of three mice, Saxon, Kenzie and Lieam patrol borders, and strive to make safeways to keep the mouse territories free from predators.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,376,655 books! | Top bar: Always visible