Mouse Guard Volume 1: Fall 1152 (v. 1) by…

Mouse Guard Volume 1: Fall 1152 (v. 1) (edition 2009)

by David Petersen

913599,628 (4)58
Member:harriscountypl
Title:Mouse Guard Volume 1: Fall 1152 (v. 1)
Authors:David Petersen
Info:Archaia Entertainment, LLC (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 192 pages
Collections:Book Hunters
Tags:graphic novel, mouse, mice, medieval

Mouse Guard, Volume 1: Fall 1152 by David Petersen

Recently added bypstray, LadyBill, RalphLagana, olduvai, private library, kdf_333

English (56)  French (2)  All languages (58)
Awww… how adorable, was my reaction on seeing David Petersen’s Mouse Guard Volume 1: Fall 1152 (v. 1) in the library. A mouse civilisation? Mice with capes and swords? Cute little mice fighting? How can anyone resist?

Lieam, Kenzie, and Saxon, three Mouse Guards, are sent to pick up the trail of a missing grain merchant, whom they realise is part of a bigger conspiracy to overthrow the leadership. These mice are Ferocious (yeah with a capital ‘F’)! Snakes are no mean feat for them, let alone other mice. So it’s not all that cutesy, and can get a little violent for what I thought was an adorable book. The illustrations are gorgeous, but the story line is a bit thin – I kept expecting something more, but it never came. The action moves along at a good pace and things are interesting enough but I was expecting a bit more… depth. A lot of reviews, like Christy’s, refer to Redwall, which I have yet to read, and have now boosted up my TBR list and am now quite curious about. So I suppose if you’re a Redwall fan, you might enjoy this one.

olduvai | Jan 19, 2016 |
Another read with my son, this graphic novels introduced to the Mouse Guard and Lockhaven. They are under attack from an invading army and traitor and must protect Lockhaven against an unexpected source.

Just as with Mouse Guard: Winter 1152, I rated this by averaging out mine and my son's ratings. This is a great series for a young boy and a fun way to get kids who aren't big readers reading. They will love the illustrations and the story is full of adventure but not overly complicated for a young mind. ( )
  Mootastic1 | Jan 15, 2016 |
The Mouse Guard story is a decent story, but it is a variation of a story fantasy and adventure story readers have read over and over about betrayal and rebellions. What really makes this graphic novel something special is the incredible artwork. All of the creatures, from the mice themselves to the predators have a realistic cast to them; they are not cutesy or stylized. Additionally the colors the artists used are vibrant and just give the artwork a whole nother dimension. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
It’s the details that sell the tale, as when the mice make camp, curled up in makeshift shelter with weapons at the ready, or when a leaf becomes a boat for coastal travel. The fight scenes are admirably staged, and the animals are realistic (with the addition of their tiny swords and other weapons).

For my wife Julia

And in loving memory of
Gilbert and Doris Peterson
The mice struggle to live safely and prosper among all of the world's harsh conditions and predators.
Let me tell ye about the Guard.
"It matters not what you gifht but what you fight for."

Adventures of three mice, Saxon, Kenzie and Lieam patrol borders, and strive to make safeways to keep the mouse territories free from predators.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,103,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible