Hana-Kimi Vol. 19 (Hana-Kimi) by Hisaya…

Hana-Kimi Vol. 19 (Hana-Kimi) (edition 2007)

by Hisaya Nakajo

Member:harrellj
Title:Hana-Kimi Vol. 19 (Hana-Kimi)
Authors:Hisaya Nakajo
Info:VIZ Media LLC (2007), Paperback, 200 pages

Hana-Kimi, Vol. 19 by Hisaya Nakajo

A very good volume. I love how almost everyone is pushing Sano and Mizuki together but they're still so oblivious and dumb. I really hope Shin comes back too. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Jul 24, 2014 |
The nineteenth volume wraps up the competition storyline, as we see all three high jumpers familiar to the reader - Izumi, Kagurazaka, and Shin - take their jumps and compete for first place. Izumi Sano wins, as Ashiya had no doubt he would. The boys of Dorm 2 celebrate with a drinking party, even though Sano is uninterested and doesn't participate, and he was one of the few invited to the tournament. These events happen early in the volume, and the rest of the book settles into a slow pace, with a lot of character interaction and dialogue, but not much action. Ashiya is dismayed that she doesn't know what to do with her future while everyone else seems so assured. Sekime is struggling to decide whether to follow his heart and keep at the long distance races, or listen to his coach and switch to hurdles. Also, his relationship with Rie is further developed. Dr. Umeda continues to avoid Akiha and offer advice to Ashiya while cynically watching her developing relationship with Sano. (One of the best scenes in this volume is where Ashiya explains to Umeda what happened when Kayashima spent the night and she and Sano shared a bed. Umeda finally understands why Sano staggered in exhausted earlier that day. His reaction of uncontrollable laughter at Ashiya's naivete, and the way he cheekily tells her the truth when she asks him why Sano was so weird and she can't accept it, is just priceless.) Towards the end of the volume Nakatsu's mom pays a visit, and awes the reader with her aggressive and gaudy personality. At first, her appearance feels like another amusing but small anecdote. However, the last scene of this collection reveals that she has a deeper purpose: she asks Nakatsu if he has made up his mind to return home or not. The cliff-hanger ending suggests that the next volume should hold more tension than this one, or at least a nice amount of character development for Nakatsu. I always enjoy reading about the beloved characters in this series, and the humor and dialogue were engaging, but I look forward to more narrative force in upcoming volumes. ( )
  nmhale | Mar 9, 2014 |
I love this series of manga. It's like a soap opera, only add some sexy gay Japanese males, a girl who is pretending to be a boy and has no clue that her roommate has caught on. This series seems like it will never end... seriously. I hope it doesn't, cause I love the characters and plot so much. I can't wait for #20 to come out! ( )
  knielsen83 | Mar 5, 2009 |

Shin, Izumi, and Kagurazuka compete against each other in the high jump. Then, Sekime gets some attention when he is seen with a strange girl. And, Nakatsu's mother shows up and sweeps the embarrassed teen off his feet.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,376,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible