Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne…

Gregor and the Code of Claw (2007)

by Suzanne Collins

Series: Underland Chronicles (5)

This is the final book to the Chronicles of the Underland series. Gregor is on the eve of confronting his destiny. War has come and he must kill the Bane. However, can Gregor trust the prophecies? This was a good end to the series. I like how Collins ended the series. It was clear that war meant more than battles and adventure, that it also meant loss and heartbreak. It also looked at how the experience of war can change a person, for better and for worse. It was fun and entertaining series, but it also makes the reader think about war and examine ethical dilemmas involved with conflicts. ( )
  Cora-R | Jan 17, 2016 |
  Cora-R | Jan 13, 2016 |
4 stars. The final book seemed to have a lot more violence in it.... and some pretty gruesome stuff at that. My kids handled it pretty well.
This was well written and a good series. We enjoyed. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
This was well written and a good series. We enjoyed. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
This is the final book in the Underland Chronicles and Gregor must now deal with the Prophecy of Time, his feelings for Luxa, Solovet's cold heartedness and his thoughts on the Earl of Sandwich. It's a lot to handle and with the war between the rats and humans in full swing and both his mother and both sisters in the Underland as well Gregor is having a tough time dealing with it all.

Because I read the Hunger Games first I thought the outcome of this book would be much darker then it actually was. I felt a huge sense of relief when I finished reading the book and there were glimmers of hope regarding the survivors futures'.

That being said there is still a lot of death and violence in this book. The author didn't pull any punches. The realities of war are felt through out the book and each sacrifice made by the characters is just as gut wrenching as the last. You definitely feel how Gregor and Boots have been forced to grow up even faster, which is especially sad considering that their home life would always have made them adult a little bit sooner.

Now that I've finished the entire series I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about them. There is a lot of character development and I am a huge fan of watching characters change and grow. The world that the author developed is just amazing, I loved the creatures and the setting. I think the darkness of the plot and the story were perhaps just not for me at this time. I know this seems odd since I rated everything like but I like the work the author did just maybe not right for me.

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
To, VivienneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Kathy, Drew, and Joanie
Gregor's back pressed into the cold stone floor as he stared up at the words on the ceiling.
Gregor sat on a bench.  He had walked a lot today and all of his injuries were hurting.  Seeing the news had made him think.  He was safe for the moment, here in the playground, but people all over the world were suffering, starving, fleeing, killing one another as they waged their wars.  How much energy they put into harming one another.  How little into saving.  Would it ever change?  What would it take to make it change?  He thought of Luxa's hand pressed into Ripred's paw.  That's what it would take.  People rejecting war.  Not one or two, but all of them.  Saying it was an unacceptable way to solve their differences.  By the look of things, the human race had a lot of evolving to do before that happened.  Maybe it was impossible.  But maybe it wasn't.  Like Vikus said, nothing would happen unless you hoped it could.  If you had hope, maybe you could find the way to make things change.  Because if you thought about it, there were so many reasons to try.

The stunning conclusion to the Gregor the Overlander series, now in paperback!

Everyone in the Underland has been taking great pains to keep The Prophecy of Time from Gregor. Gregor knows it must say something awful but he never imagined just how awful: It calls for the warrior's death. Now, with an army of rats approaching, and his mom and sister still in Regalia, Gregor the warrior must gather up his courage to help defend Regalia and get his family home safely. The entire existence of the Underland is in Gregor's hands, and time is running out. There is a code to be cracked, a mysterious new princess, Gregor's burgeoning dark side, and a war to end all wars.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:19 -0400)

When twelve-year-old Gregor finally learns the ancient prophecy, which foretells his death, he must gather his courage to defend Regalia from the army of rats, take his mother and sister home safely, and fight his own dark side.

101 wanted3 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,054,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible