Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne…

Gregor and the Code of Claw (2007)

by Suzanne Collins

This is the fifth and last book in the series of Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins. The rats and the humans are at war, and the great Bane is leading the rats. In Gregors last prophecy he is expected to kill the bane and it says he will die doing it. He doesn't have a choice but to stay because he mother is sick in the under-land and the under-land war leader Solovet is not letting her out, for the purpose of keeping him in the under-land to kill the Bane. Him and his trusted bat, Ares train hard alongside his close friend Luxa. Ripred, the rat that has taken sides with the human teaches him how to use echolocation which in the beginning Gregor hates, but in the battle against the Bane, it comes in very handy. Many wars are fought, and in one war, Gregor gets one of his lower ribs dislocated, but still manages to cut off the Banes tail. And in the last war, many tragedies happen. Gregor kills the Bane, but too late, because Ares gets killed by the Bane. Solovet is killed by a rat group when no one could save her. In the end, his two closet friends became leaders. Ripred, the leader of the rats, and Luxa, the queen of the humans. They became bonds, which meant peace between the rats and humans as long as they lived.

This book was so exciting. I loved the writting, and the story, there wasn't anything I didn't like about this book except that she didn't write another one after it! It felt like there are so many lose ends and that she could have easily written another one with a happier ending. This one was definitely a tragedy. Its definitely a book to make you cry. It was so exciting and magical, I loved how the animals could talk and how everything was a mysterious! I'm really sad that one of my favorite characters had to die, and that she won't be writing another book after this one! ( )
  aliya.b1 | Mar 23, 2015 |
Book five was as good as the rest of the series. Now maybe twelve year old Gregor can live a normal life in the overland. It was a very well written story. This book brings a lot of finality to the series. Part of me was almost sad to see it end. ( )
  stevealtier | Mar 18, 2015 |
A great book, the main character finally seems complete and the story comes to a very pleasant end. ( )
  piersanti | Sep 28, 2014 |
I finished this book 20 minutes ago. I closed the book, sat 5 minutes in silence, then got up to get myself a drink of water. When I got back to my chair I burst into tears inconsolably for the next 15 minutes. This is my review, and these are my tears. ( )
  macsbrains | Sep 21, 2014 |
The final volume of The Underland Chronicles completes the fascinating and well-written series. While at heart a war story, it finds its protagonist Gregor grappling with ethical dilemmas, mortality, and fate. And if you're like me and thought the prophecies of Sandwich were too overbearing in the earlier novels, it was a relief to see what Ripred and Gregor make of the final prophecy. The Underland Chronicles are a worthy addition to fantasy literature and something readers of all ages should enjoy. ( )
  Othemts | Feb 4, 2014 |
For Kathy, Drew, and Joanie
Gregor's back pressed into the cold stone floor as he stared up at the words on the ceiling.
Gregor sat on a bench.  He had walked a lot today and all of his injuries were hurting.  Seeing the news had made him think.  He was safe for the moment, here in the playground, but people all over the world were suffering, starving, fleeing, killing one another as they waged their wars.  How much energy they put into harming one another.  How little into saving.  Would it ever change?  What would it take to make it change?  He thought of Luxa's hand pressed into Ripred's paw.  That's what it would take.  People rejecting war.  Not one or two, but all of them.  Saying it was an unacceptable way to solve their differences.  By the look of things, the human race had a lot of evolving to do before that happened.  Maybe it was impossible.  But maybe it wasn't.  Like Vikus said, nothing would happen unless you hoped it could.  If you had hope, maybe you could find the way to make things change.  Because if you thought about it, there were so many reasons to try.

The stunning conclusion to the Gregor the Overlander series, now in paperback!

Everyone in the Underland has been taking great pains to keep The Prophecy of Time from Gregor. Gregor knows it must say something awful but he never imagined just how awful: It calls for the warrior's death. Now, with an army of rats approaching, and his mom and sister still in Regalia, Gregor the warrior must gather up his courage to help defend Regalia and get his family home safely. The entire existence of the Underland is in Gregor's hands, and time is running out. There is a code to be cracked, a mysterious new princess, Gregor's burgeoning dark side, and a war to end all wars.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:30 -0400)

When twelve-year-old Gregor finally learns the ancient prophecy, which foretells his death, he must gather his courage to defend Regalia from the army of rats, take his mother and sister home safely, and fight his own dark side.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,216,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible