Fantastic Voyage by Isaac Asimov

Fantastic Voyage (1966)

by Isaac Asimov

English (15)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Catalan (1)  All (18)
I was just trying to remember when I first became a science fiction fan ... I remember reading Fantastic Voyage when I was about 13.
Borrowed the book from my school (Katong Convent in Singapore) library; and remember loving it.

It's possible I'll remember earlier books that belong in the SF genre, but for now (Jan 2016), perhaps this might serve as my first :)
I remember being fascinated by the biology and science incorporated into the narrative.
Hard" Science still has a special place in my heart ... makes it go pitter-patter ;-)

"
  GeetuM | Jun 3, 2016 |
Saw it after seeing the movie. One of Asimov's best. ( )
  ndpmcIntosh | Mar 21, 2016 |
For a long time I was convinced Asimov had stolen the idea for this book directly from my mind...We see the characters miniaturized and then injected into a body in an effort to save the life of a famous scientist. Passively, we also learn a lot about the workings of the human body along the way. The film is just screaming to be re-made now that we so much better facility for special effects. ( )
  dbsovereign | Jan 26, 2016 |
Boring and overly simple. Almost zero character development. A huge disappointment for an Asimov novel. ( )
  travelster | Jun 10, 2015 |
Destination Brain ( )
  Tutter | Feb 23, 2015 |
Dédié à Mark et Marcia
Qui m'ont forcé la main.
It was an old plane, a four-engine plasma jet that had been retired from active service, and it came in along a route that was neither economical nor particularly safe.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553275720, Mass Market Paperback)

Four men and a woman are reduced to a microscopic fraction of their original size, sent in a miniaturized atomic sub through a dying man's carotid artery to destroy a blood clot in his brain. If they fail, the entire world will be doomed.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:07 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,654,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible