The B-Team: The Case of the Angry First Wife…

The B-Team: The Case of the Angry First Wife

by Melodie Campbell

1913754,854 (3.83)3

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The book is a very quick read for an adult but should work well for a pre-teen or young teenager. The characters are Aunt Kitty, her niece and nephew, Del and Dino and Del's friend Ritz trying to provide justice to those needing it. The story covers the escapades of these vigilantes and the situations in which they find themselves in their attempts at getting justice. The book was too quick of a read for me but I think those in the 12 - 15 age group will enjoy it.
  mak1971 | Apr 6, 2018 |
The B-Team: The Case of the Angry First Wife by Melodie Campbell
An Orca Book Rapid-Read

Another fun "family" mystery by Melodie Campbell. Reading a book by Melodie is complete enjoyment. How she can stuff so much fun in a Rapid-Read book is amazing to me. A little different from her previous comic villains, but a part of the same family, that of Gina Gallo et al, the "vigilantes", namely Kitty, Ritz, Dino and Del are determined to do justice to the wronged, in this case return a stolen necklace to its rightful owner. Still something always seems to go awry and in this book the rightful owner is more likely the unrightful owner. The usual "family" business and connections, plus another entry to romance carries on with Del as does in the Gina Gallo books. I love these quick but very complete books by Melodie! ( )
  readerbynight | Mar 22, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Light little mystery novella. Interesting characters -- would like to get to know them better. Humorous without doing put-downs of the characters, I like that. ( )
  bgknighton | Feb 12, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Del and her brother Dino have grown up in and around the family business. What that business is exactly is never spelled out, but it's not strictly legal, judging by their skill set. Lately their aunt Kitty has decided to use their talents to help in the cause of justice, which is not to say it's legal, and agrees to take on a case recovering a ex-wife's diamond necklace. Things do not go as planned.

Del is an appealing character and I liked Aunt Kitty. The rest are sort of just outlines, but this book is extremely brief, little more than a short story. I would have enjoyed it more if three or four of these exploits were gathered together. As it is, it was a quick fun read that made me smile, but nothing deeper than that. Thanks for the chance to read this one. ( )
  cmbohn | Feb 8, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Really quick easy read. More like a short story than a novel. Likable characters, fast paced action, This book flows of your tongue and its over before you know it. Look forward to more from this series. ( )
  lowelibrary | Feb 3, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Melodie Campbell's book The B-Team: The Case of the Angry First Wife is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,837,583 books! | Top bar: Always visible