Can Your Outfit Change the World?…

Can Your Outfit Change the World? (PopActivism)

by Erinne Paisley

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Not what I expected, but was a fun and informative read. Definitely something that I would pass along to others. ( )
  AMKee | Apr 3, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Very interesting read. Not what I was expecting, but I did enjoy it. Definitely worth sharing with several friends! ( )
  LadyRavenSA | Mar 12, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as part of the Early Reviewers program. And I am very grateful I did. I never realized just how much impact the fashion industry has on global environment. This is a relatively quick read, however the message is still very poignant. Fashion does impact the world! Paisley argues to stop funding companies with unethical business practices, and to instead support companies that have a smaller, greener footprint. The book acts like a guidebook to what to look for with labels, finding fair trade companies, and even tips to the 3 R’s: reduce, reuse, recycle. This book is perfect for the conscientious shopper, and anyone interested in the fashion industry. Ultimately, your clothes can change the world. ( )
  philae_02 | Feb 25, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a nice book for a teen or young person to start diving into the world of ethical fashion. It's a fun and fresh book that manages to be a quick read, but still packs a punch. I think this could really get someone thinking about not only fashion's place in the world, but how it affects the our environment. I'd definitely recommend this book as fun gift idea! ( )
  HotWolfie | Feb 18, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I found this book to be very informative. It gave many ideas on how to be a more conscious shopper. I liked how it gave lots of examples of sustainable stores and links to useful resources. I think this book would be very enjoyable for a preteen reader. ( )
  boredness | Feb 14, 2018 |

This work of nonfiction in the PopActivism series for teens looks at how teens can make responsible and eco-friendly clothing choices.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Erinne Paisley's book Can Your Outfit Change the World? is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,984,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible