Summary of Wonder by R. J. Palacio

Summary of Wonder by R. J. Palacio

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bystrainglia

No tags.

First of all, this book gives you an overview of the book Wonder and it is an easy read. I haven't read Wonder yet and haven't even watched the movie but after reading this book, it gave me an idea of what the book is all about and I can have an introductory discussion about it to someone else (this is good for people who doesn't have time to read the entire book but want to give an impression that they read the book in a quick discussion without delving much into intricate details). The Summary of Wonder gives a short description of each chapter of the book from different characters' perspectives (Auggie's, Via's, etc.). I also like the bonus sections Trivia Questions and Discussion Questions, which help if the book Wonder is a Book Club pick of the month or even a reading for school.

However, it seems rather vague how the book came into conclusion. The chapter Conclusion is very short but not concise. For a young reader, it is enough I guess but for an adult reader, I think it lacks depth. I know the title says "Summary" but if you look at the parts of the books it would say "Analysis", "Conclusion" which means that the writer(s) of this book read Wonder and aimed to interpret the book, however, even when I read the parts with "Analysis" as their title I couldn't see an analysis in there. I would suggest to not use the word Analysis if there is no analysis, only description/summary and with the conclusion, I hope there is more discussion on how the writer(s) came to that conclusion. You just don't throw a conclusion without explaining how you came to that idea or thought. It is disconnected from the entire flow of the book. Moreover, there are a few things like misspelling, unnecessary works, and use of informal word (e.g. cred instead of credibility) which put me off because it changes the flow/voice of the book).

A few of my notes in Kindle:

Story Plot Analysis (the Chapter) ------ I feel that this should be longer and more concise. The author shouldn't hold back on this part.

Charlotte reveals to Jack that Julian has started a "boy war" against Auggie and him. ----- "and him" this is unnecessary; could've written "Charlotte reveals to Jack that Julian has started a "boy war" against Auggie.

93. Camp Lies: .... During summer cap, ... ----- "cap" misspelling, should be "camp". ( )
  strainglia | Dec 28, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

's book Summary of Wonder by R. J. Palacio was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,764,020 books! | Top bar: Always visible