Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 17: Clone Saga by…

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 17: Clone Saga

by Brian Michael Bendis

English (4)  Dutch (1)  All (5)
This volume answered the questions I had about a particular character. It also changed EVERYTHING in poor Peter Parker's reality. People seem to come back from the dead, including his father. Clones are made of Peter and experimented on so there are weird variants (Scorpian!Peter, adult!Peter, female!Peter) and not all the clones are completely mentally or physically stable. This is a big problem, as one might guess. The bigger problem is that it's impossible to hide this from the city, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Fury, the Fantastic Four, MJ, Kitty, or Aunt May. Everything gets turned on its head and Peter is left alone in the middle, just trying to hold on to reality.

This was beautifully and powerfully written. It's definitely a huge turning point in the series, and it was done really well, though it was very dark and difficult to get through at times because things kept getting worse and worse with no solution in sight. ( )
  katekintail | Apr 30, 2016 |
This volume is pretty nuts. I liked it, though. Does Jessica Drew get her own comic at all? I love her outfit. And hmm, Gwen Stacy is... sort of back? Interesting. I laughed at the introduction where it said that in Marvel, people stay dead. You know, like Bucky.

Suuuure. Like Bucky.

I'm interested to see what comes out of this as far as Kitty Pryde and Mary Jane go. I'm pessimistically doubting it'll be the way I'd like it to be, but oh well. ( )
  shanaqui | Nov 29, 2013 |
Collects #97-111 ( )
  angellreads | May 23, 2013 |
Ultimate Spider-man #97-105 ( )
  angellreads | Feb 7, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785119280, Paperback)

As Peter Parker tries to sort out his relationship with the X-Men's Kitty Pryde - and continue his friendship with Mary Jane - a mall-food-court lunch turns into a free-for-all as Peter and MJ are interrupted by the debut of... the Ultimate Scorpion! But who is the Scorpion - and what sinister conspiracy is threatening Spider-Man's very existence? The clues have been laid over the past 96 issues... and it all starts to come together here, as we begin the most shocking, most mind-blowing Spider-Man story ever published! Collects Ultimate Spider-Man #97-104.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:13 -0400)

When the media romantically links Spider-Man and Shadowcat, Peter Parker must stop dating Kitty--Shadowcat's well-known human alter-ego--and fix his strained relationship with Mary Jane, while juggling school, work, and heroic efforts.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,013,352 books! | Top bar: Always visible