The Briefing: Politics, The Press, and The…

The Briefing: Politics, The Press, and The President (edition 2018)

by Sean Spicer (Author), Sean Spicer (Reader)

Member:neverstopreading
Title:The Briefing: Politics, The Press, and The President
Authors:Sean Spicer (Author)
Other authors:Sean Spicer (Reader)
Info:Brilliance Audio (2018), Edition: Unabridged
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Audiobook, Audible, Politics, American history, Donald Trump, History, Conservatives, Read, Read: 2018, TIOLI, TIOLI Dec 18, TIOLI Dec 18 #10

The Briefing by Sean Spicer

Spicer presents his story as an insider in the RNC, Trump campaign, and Trump administration. Yes, he admits faults. Yes, he engages in a lot of spin and apologetics. If you are a Trump supporter, you'll like what he has to say. If you're not a supporter, you'll probably hate it. But if you are not a supporter but you value having a balanced view of events and are not satisfied with listening to your preferred talking heads, then you should find some value in reading Spicer's story. ( )
  neverstopreading | Dec 6, 2018 |
Sean Spicer set the stage for himself when he appeared for his first press briefing to claim that the attendance at Trump's inauguration was the largest ever despite photo evidence to the contrary. He continued to mislead and lie to the public consistently from the podium. While I respect his position as the spokesperson for the president, I think he failed to also understand that the taxpayers are the ones who paid his salary and benefits, and as his employers we were at least entitled to the truth. If he could not tell the truth, it was time to go. Ultimately he did go, but not because of the reason he should have left that position. However, I was willing to give him a second chance to redeem himself, though not too big a one as I took this book out from the library, but I was hopeful that Spicer would give us some honest reflections on his poor performance as a government employee in the Trump administration. I was very disappointed, but not surprised, by the lack of honesty and truth in his book. Perhaps he thinks he will have a chance of employment with Fox if he continues spouting the same lies but I hope even Fox would not hire someone who has so little credibility. Spicer claims to be a man of religion, but telling the truth is a basis for all religions, so perhaps he should reflect on that and modify his behavior. ( )
  Susan.Macura | Aug 9, 2018 |

A first-hand, behind-the-scenes account of Sean Spicer's tenure as President Trump's press secretary, shedding new light on the controversies of the Trump administration's first year.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,917,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible