Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb

Vengeance in Death (1997)

by J.D. Robb

Series: In Death (6)

I honestly don't know how Nora Roberts, excuse me, J.D. Robb, does it. Another excellent entry in the series. ( )
  jendoyle2000 | Oct 8, 2014 |
Amazing. I think this is my second favorite of the series so far. Eve is nothing but the most kickass and singleminded and passionate lieutenant I have ever seen. And Roarke is the most passionate man about Eve and about things that surrounds them. Summerset won me over with this plot and I think he won a little bit of Eve too. I'm so glad the author decided to visit the whole Marlena affair ad nauseum with this book and we had some questions that were creted with the past five books answered. I really like when things between Eve and Roarke get a little shake and trouble rears its ugly head and they deal with it like normal people. Makes me love them that much more. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Eve is tagged for a murder of a man Roarke knew in Dublin as he grew up. Then a second murder occurs. This man also has a past connection to Roarke. As Eve investigates she learns more of Roarke's past. Can she live with it or will she go all cop on Roarke?

I like that we see more of Roarke's past and what he came from. I like how it forms the man. I also loved that Eve has to admit she cannot live without Roarke both to herself and him. Roarke has known almost since the beginning he needed Eve but she has been ambivalent about it. This book she finally admits it especially when she realizes she will break the rules. Her relationship with Summerset also changes. Not sure Eve is going to like the direction it will go.

Love Eve as always. Roarke is one of my favorite heroes. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Jul 20, 2014 |
Yes, it’s another five stars review for this series. Really, it’s not that I just love this series for no good reason. I absolutely love this series because it has it all: adventure, humor, romance and drama. The fact that it has a badass cop as a female main character and a sexy as hell and more mysterious than the mystery of the existence of God male main character makes this series a treat to read!

The story here isn’t simple. We knew that Roarke has a dark past back in Ireland but now we are going to learn more details. And now someone that knows what happened many years ago, kills people and he has one specific goal: Roarke. What Eve will do to keep him safe?

It’s true that I liked Eve since I read the first book. It’s also true that she was a woman who saw the world as black / white and not as gray. It was bothering me that she was so strict with that but soon I realized that she only needed a push to see the world and the people with different eyes. And her husband Roarke was the one who taught her that. In this story she saw Roarke’s past not as a cop but as a human who has feelings and who suffered in the hands of a monster. She accepts Roarke’s actions and she understood why he’s done what he’s done. She has changed since the beginning of the series in a very good way.

As for Roarke… I absolutely love him! Badass, smart, funny and the way he wants Eve? OMG! The way he wants to protect her is beyond words! But this is not the only reason I love him. I like the fact that he wouldn’t change anything from his past. He accepts it and he doesn’t feel bad about it. In fact, I am sure that he would do exactly the same again.

Peabody is as always great and I have to say that she’s a very interesting character with great development in this series and I want to see more of her in the next books. Also, I liked a lot a new character (and I hope to see him again) McNab. He was funny and smart and he was a great help in this book.

Summerset is a weird character. He’s not the most loveable person but his grief for his daughter is great and with a good reason. I understand him better and I believe that he’s a kind person.

As you can see, I loved everything about this book. The plot was great, the characters amazing and it was a read that I won’t forget! I recommend it to all the fans of this genre! ( )
  mariag_1984 | Nov 3, 2013 |
Typical Eve-Roarke. If you are reading this book, you are committed to the series. Good, bad, or in-between. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |

J.D. Robbprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says the Lord. - Romans 12:19
Vengeance is in my heart, death in my hand. - Shakespeare
The business of murder took time, patience, skill, and a tolerance for the monotonous.

Sixth Eve Dallas Investigation In Death

In a time when technology links the law and the lawless, predators and prey can be one and the same...

He is an expert with the latest technology ... a madman with the mind of a genius and the heart of a killer. He quietly stalks his prey. Then he haunts the police with cryptic riddles about the crimes he is about to commit--always solved moments too late to save his victims' lives.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425160394, Mass Market Paperback)

He is an expert with the latest technology...a madman with the mind of a genius and the heart of a killer. He quietly stalks his prey. Then he haunts the police with cryptic riddles about the crimes he is about to commit--always solved moments too late to save his victims' lives. Police lieutenant Eve Dallas found the first victim butchered in his own home. The second lost his life in a vacant luxury apartment. The two men had little in common. Both suffered unspeakable torture before their deaths. And both had ties to an ugly secret of ten years past--a secret shared by none other than Eve's new husband, Roarke.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:52 -0400)

New York in the year 2058 is very different from the New York of today. Guns have been outlawed but lasers can kill, and the police still have a hefty job to do. Two men are discovered murdered. They have links - both with each other, and with Eve's new husband, Rourke.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,387,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible