Sodom Road Exit by Amber Dawn

Sodom Road Exit (original 2018; edition 2018)

by Amber Dawn (Author)

271614,731 (4)None
MODERN & CONTEMPORARY FICTION (POST C 1945). It's the summer of 1990 and the small town of Crystal Beach has lost its beloved, long-running amusement park, leaving the lakeside village a virtual ghost town. It is back to this fallen community Starla Mia Martin must return to live with her overbearing mother after dropping out of university and racking up significant debt. But an economic downturn, mother-daughter drama, and Generation X disillusionment soon prove to be to be the least of Starla's troubles: a mysterious force begins to dog Starla... Soon enough, she must confront the unresolved traumas that haunt Crystal Beach.… (more)
Member:emily_morine
Title:Sodom Road Exit
Authors:Amber Dawn (Author)
Info:Arsenal Pulp Press (2018), 404 pages
Tags:toberead, xx, canadian, novels, queer

Sodom Road Exit by Amber Dawn (2018)

This book has so much--I just finished it and I feel sort of drained and drawn out, in a good way. The love in it is really palpable, and the horror aspects are just gut-wrenching and beautiful and hard to sit with--not in a graphic way, just in a 'gets into your bones' way. This is one of those books where I wish I had more to say that was convincing, but I loved it. It took me a second to get into it (it kind of throws you in the middle at the beginning and then reels back, and that is hard for me) but by the end it's just so much and so tender. Every character in it is just so complex and I love all of them, and the questions Starla asks about that love, as she's trying to heal and is also being hurt, are so, so... much and so important to me right now. ( )
1 vote aijmiller | Jul 21, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,165,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible