Be the Hands and Feet: Living Out God's…

Be the Hands and Feet: Living Out God's Love for All His Children

by Nick Vujicic

422,442,054 (5)None

Before reading this book, I only vaguely knew about Nick Vujicic. I'd heard people mention about what a great speaker he was and, naturally, the fact that he had no arms or legs was always brought to my attention. But that was only quickly glossed over before they began to explain what a great orator he is to thousands, millions even. Nick has written several books: Life Without Limits, Unstoppable, Love Without Limbs, Stand Strong, Limitless a devotional book, and several others. In each, he serves as an inspiration to all of us. In this latest book, Be the Hands and Feet, Nick provides encouragement and ideas on how we can be messengers of the good news of Jesus Christ. How does one start? Sharing faith can be awkward. He shares his own personal experiences and includes common questions brought to him and how he's responded.

Nick's compassionate heart shines through in this book. And he readily recognizes the work of those around him. Those whose ministry is to serve foster children or others who help victims of sex trafficking. He encourages the reader to seek out ways to serve this world, to show the love of Christ, to think outside the box. Attending church is great, but serving the community means leaving the safety of those church walls to help those in need.

Nick not only provides details on his life's journey but also how he pushes through a depression to discover God's love transcends any disability or brokenness. God had a plan for Nick from the very beginning and, as he shares in this book, it's because of his lack of limbs that he's able to approach anyone and share the Gospel. He's courageous in sharing his faith with someone on the street up to a high ranking official. Nick stresses the importance of a personal walk with God, daily prayer with Him, study in His Word and trust in His plan. This book was an interesting look into Nick's life, his struggles, his worries, and his faith. I received a complimentary copy in exchange for my honest opinion. ( )
  santaflash | Oct 27, 2018 |
Wonderful book that explains in great detail, how to be a better Christian and how to use skills to lead others around you to Christ.

Nick Vujicic has conquered his disability of being born without arms or legs. He shows you how to use your abilities to "Become the hands and feet" of God's Word.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this book, would highly recommend to anyone, new believer, non believer, or firm believer.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Waterbrook, I was under no obligation to post a review. ( )
  HuberK | Jan 12, 2018 |

"New York Times bestselling author and world-renowned motivational speaker Nick Vujicic is known worldwide as the man without arms and legs who personifies a "can do" spirit. Now in greater detail, he explains how the example of Jesus Christ motivates him to travel and speak broadly because the"good news" of the Gospel is just too good to keep quiet! Although the world has so many problems, no challenge is too great for the God who promises to move mountains. Using compelling stories from his own experience, Nick shares the heart of his message, the motivation behind all he does, and something that he believes the world needs now more than ever before: A faith in Jesus Christ that moves people to act and make the world a better place."--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,339,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible