Honeysuckle Dreams (A Blue Ridge Romance) by…

Honeysuckle Dreams (A Blue Ridge Romance) (edition 2018)

by Denise Hunter (Author)

Member:CafinatedReads
Title:Honeysuckle Dreams (A Blue Ridge Romance)
Authors:Denise Hunter (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2018), 320 pages

Honeysuckle Dreams (A Blue Ridge Romance) by Denise Hunter

Brady Collins becomes a full time dad after his ex-wife dies. He receives much needed help from family and friends, especially from Hope Daniels. Brady and Hope have been best friends for a long time. He’s handling things pretty well until he gets some unexpected news; his son Sam isn’t really his. Now Sam’s maternal grandparents want full custody of him. Brady feels Sam is his son no matter what and he’s willing to fight for him. Brady’s attorney suggests that an engagement or better yet a marriage would most likely sway the judge’s decision. Hope agrees to be his fiancé and even marry him if that’s what it would take to win custody of Sam. She loves both Sam and Brady. Then Hope is offered her dream job but it would mean being gone all week. They both want to do what’s best but it may mean complete honesty, a lot of grace and laying their hearts on the table.

What a great story. I was enthralled from beginning to end. Anyone who knows me, knows I love ‘marriage of convenience’ stories and this one was top notch. Brady is absolutely swoon-worthy! An all around great guy. Not perfect but one who is genuine. Hope is a sweet and loving woman who needed to get past a terrible loss. Together these two sizzled with such electricity it practically lit the room I was reading in. I love how they interacted with each and I savored every bit of tender and humorous dialog. There were also some real-life issues that were dealt with along the way. I appreciated Brady’s and Zoe’s faith and how that made a difference in Hope’s life. Denise Hunter has once again hit it out of the park. I could definitely see this as a future Hallmark movie. This is the second book in the Blue Ridge Romance series and although you could read it as a stand alone, I recommend you read them in the order they were written. This was a wonderful story filled with grace, hope, love, faith and of course, “Honeysuckle Dreams”. Highly recommended.

*This complimentary copy was provided by Thomas Nelson through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Some favorite moments:

Between Hope and Zoe:
Besides which, we both know this is all in God’s hands, and if you’re meant to have the job you will.” “(I know, I know.”” Hope made a pouty face. “Why doesn’t that help?” “Because we have our own wishes and wants, and they don’t always line up with His. But trust a girl who’s made plenty of mistakes in this area…He knows what He’s doing.

“God took all my mistakes and worked them for good. You can trust Him with your future, Hope.”

She leaned into his kiss, her hands working up to his shoulders. She loved the feel of him, all warm, soft flesh over taut muscles. Loved the scrape of his bristly jaw against her palm. His hands moved over her back, restless, as he deepened the kiss.

For more information about this book or other books by Denise Hunter, I encourage you to visit her website at https://www.denisehunterbooks.com ( )
  love2readnovels | Jun 21, 2018 |
Once again, I have the pleasure of reading another fantastic Denise Hunter novel. This is book 2 in her series and I loved it just as much as the first one! This one brings us back to the lives of some amazing characters! Ms. Hunter created a novel that has not only pulled me in, but really made me think a lot of what I’ve gone through with custody battles of my own.I loved Hope and Brady in this book! They really put Sam first and that pulled at my heart strings in so many ways. When it comes to kids, they need to be first and foremost, and Brady? Wow. I loved his devotion to Sam no matter what.

Watching Hope and Brady together was so refreshing! Hope was willing to sacrifice in order for Brady to achieve gaining custody. That really pulled at my heartstrings for sure. Watching them come to terms with their relationship, seeing them grow together for each other and for Sam, really kept me hooked!

Ms. Hunter’s 4 star worthy novel is another keeper, in my opinion. With life like characters, an inspiring plot line and a few twists thrown in for good measure, you won’t be sorry you picked this one up! I can’t wait to see what book 3 has in store for us! Hats off and two thumbs up to the talented Denise Hunter.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and was under no obligation to post a review, positive or negative.* ( )
  CafinatedReads | Jun 13, 2018 |
I was sent this book by through BookLook Bloggers. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

The one thing I love about this program is discovering books and authors I normally would not have picked up normally. I previously reviewed a Denise Hunter book, and I fell in love. I ended up buying a ton of her work and she has become one of my favorite authors. I was so excited when I was able to get her newest work to review as well. I knew I would be reading it the day it showed up at my door, which is exactly what I did!

This was a story about second chances which I love. I am not going to lie! I literally started this the night it showed up at my door, and I finished it by the next morning. She just has a way to pull you into a story, and make words flow with ease. I am addicted to her work, and Honeysuckle Dreams was another amazing read. I did not even realize this was the second book in the Blue Ridge Romance series, as book one was my very first book by the author. I was excited to be back with some of the characters from book one. However; this can be read as a standalone as well. It did take me a minute to remember the storyline for some of the characters, as this jumps right into the story.

Overall, another amazing read from Denise Hunter and I will continue to pick up everything she puts out. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jun 2, 2018 |
The author has given us a story of two longtime friends, broken from past relationships and yet trying to be there for one sweet baby, a catalyst to bringing them together, or not.
Can these two forge a convincing union to make a home for a precocious infant, who desperately needs them. Will they be able to let go of the past, and move on with a picture-perfect marriage, at least in the eyes of others, or will their worlds come tumbling down?
Answers are here and you will be quickly page turning as we follow the outcome of the lives of these involved, and hoping for the baby’s sake all the right decisions will be made.

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Thomas Nelson, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | May 1, 2018 |
I am so blessed to be apart of this book launch!! Denise Hunter is one of my favorite inspirational fiction authors.

Honeysuckle Dreams is the second book in the Blue Ridge Sunrise series. In the first book you meet Brady and in Honeysuckle Dreams you get to know him.

With the death of his ex-wife, Brady is a struggling single dad who is working on making something of himself with his car repair business. Then he receives devastating news: his son may not be his. While his ex-wife’s parents are trying to take his son away, Brady must come up with a plan to keep his son, Sam.

Hope is making a name for herself on the airways with her own radio show. She helps Brady with Sam on the side. As Brady’s fears are becoming more evident that he might lose Sam, Hope steps in to help. As there are twists and turns in their relationship, you watch Brady and Hope become closer.

Brady and Hope’s story feels like real life. They had so much support from their friends and family. You find yourself rooting that they would find each other from the very beginning.

I love stories like Brady and Hope’s. They make you feel good and give you a lift when you are in a possibly funk. Their playful banter and realness to them make them feel like they could be your best friends or you could go to the Rusty Nail and just hang out with them.

I really think you should buy this book and read it. It will make you feel good. You won’t regret it. Like seriously go, now. Link is at the end for you to buy it. I’m sure you could go to your local library also to borrow it or bug your library until they purchase it. 🙂 Also to know more about Zoe and Cole read the first in this series, Blue Ridge Sunrise.

This book is another slam dunk by Denise Hunter and I can’t wait for the next one!

Honeysuckle Dreams goes on sale May 1st and you can pre-order it here.

My rating: 5 stars ( )
  Martha.Louise.Owen | Apr 23, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,514,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible