America the Beautiful: Together We Stand by…

America the Beautiful: Together We Stand

by Katharine Lee Bates

Other authors: Bryan Collier (Illustrator), Raul Colon (Illustrator), Diane Goode (Illustrator), Mary Grandpre (Illustrator), John Hendrix (Illustrator)4 more, Yuyi Morales (Illustrator), Jon J. Muth (Illustrator), Leuyen Pham (Illustrator), Sonia Lynn Sadler (Illustrator)

America the Beautiful takes us through famous quotes said by past presidents. These quotes stand as a lesson for the people of our country. Also, on every spread, there is a line of the song "American the Beautiful". ( )
  kmparnell | Nov 17, 2017 |
This is a beautifully illustrated and written book. It shows many cultures and races coming together in America as one. Each page is filled with different and unique illustrations, which I think represents the uniqueness of each individual represented on the different pages. I like how there are different ways you could read this book. One way is to go through each page only saying the lyrics to the song, "America, The Beautiful." Another way is once you have read the lyrics, you can start from the beginning of the book and only read the quotes that are on each page. The last way you could read it is by alternating on each page reading the lyrics or the song. I think another important aspect of this book are the symbols presented on each page. In the back of the book, it lists the national landmarks and symbols and their significance. I would definitely use this book in a social studies class for grades 1st-2nd. ( )
  rmwinter | Apr 30, 2017 |
"America the Beautiful: Together We Stand" is a picture book that illustrates the lyrics for the song "America the Beautiful". The illustrations are by different artists and are all stunning! My favorite illustration is the one by Bryan Collier. In the illustration, there is a young African American child with his hands held together and in the tree behind him there are faces of other African Americans. The amount of detail this work has made it extremely powerful! What I also loved about this book is how on each page there is a quote by different presidents. At the end of the book there is a list with descriptions of national landmarks and symbols in America. Also, there is a page with the lyrics all together, which would be fun to have children sing the song together in unison after reading the book. Overall, this is a wonderful book that not only teaches children the song "America the Beautiful", but also educates children about our nation. ( )
  hjaber | Apr 14, 2016 |
A moving celebration of "America the Beautiful" featuring artwork from ten distinguished artists and inspiring presidential quotes. Each of our presidents has had a unique vision of America.
  wichitafriendsschool | Mar 25, 2016 |
This picture book wasn't a story with beginning, middle and end. It was meshed together into a poetic piece with a line from America the Beautiful on each page followed by a moving quote by former presidents and our current president. It is poetic - a very nice read.
  NancyDW | Jan 23, 2014 |

Morales, YuyiIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Muth, Jon J.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pham, LeuyenIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sadler, Sonia LynnIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"A moving celebration of 'America the Beautiful' featuring artwork from ten distinguished artists and inspiring presidential quotes"--Amazon.com.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,369,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible