Sleepover Sleuths by Carolyn Keene

Sleepover Sleuths

by Carolyn Keene

After trying the original 1930 #1, and stopping, I tried again with The Clue Crew. It was a winner. ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
Summary:
This book is about a young girl, Nancy Drew, who is good at figuring things out and finding lost items. Nancy Drew and her two friends were invited to a birthday sleepover where a doll for the birthday girl went missing. Nancy Drew and her friends were called on to solve the "crime". They spent their time looking for clues and asking questions of the "suspects". In the end, they decided to organize a detective club so they could continue solving "crimes".

Personal Reaction:
I have always loved Nancy Drew books as a young girl. The Nancy Drew books I remember were much longer than these today are, though. I enjoyed reading a newer version of Nancy Drew. It seemed a lot easier to read than the ones I read as a young girl.

Classroom Extension:
1. I would use this book to find my own students detective abilities.
2. I could use this book in my classroom for a student that loves to solve problems to see if he/she can solve the mystery before they get to the end of the book.
  WendyBrown | Mar 11, 2013 |
Nancy Drew investigates when a doll goes missing at a sleepover party. ( )
  ARICANA | Sep 9, 2011 |
Looking forward to reading this cute little chapter book with Isabel.
  dhunt706 | Apr 14, 2009 |

Carolyn Keeneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pamintuan, MackyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 141691255X, Paperback)

Eight-year-old Nancy Drew has her first case to crack! Can you help?

Nancy and her two best friends, George and Bess, are so excited! They have been invited to Deirdre's sleepover party! There will be pizza, cake, and even a pajama fashion show. But the most exciting thing is that the party has a City Girls doll theme. All of the guests are bringing their dolls with them!

But then Deirdre's City Girls doll -- Hollywood Heather -- goes missing. Is her sleepover ruined? Or is there a detective in the room who can make sense of this mystery?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:17 -0400)

Nancy Drew investigates when a doll goes missing at a sleepover party.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,536,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible