Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs

Storm Cursed (edition 2019)

by Patricia Briggs (Author)

1901193,315 (4.24)14
Member:Vierran
Title:Storm Cursed
Authors:Patricia Briggs (Author)
Info:Ace (2019), 368 pages
Tags:fiction, fantasy, urban fantasy, shapeshifters, werewolves, faerie, e-book, witches

Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs

Book source ~ Library

Mercy Thompson is a mechanic, but she’s also a whole lot more. As a coyote shifter she has some problems fitting in with the Columbia Basin werewolf pack. Normally, she wouldn’t give a fig about the pack, but ever since she married their Alpha, Adam Hauptman, she kinda has to deal with them. And now she’s dealing with a situation that she brought upon herself and the pack and that’s being the go-between for the humans and the Gray Lords of the Fae. Mercy doesn’t try to make her life more complicated. These things just seem to happen.

I love this series. I really do. And while I love this installment in it, it just seems to be a bit much this time. I’m not sure why I feel that way because the book has everything I love about the entire series: paranormal shenanigans, steaminess, humor, my favorite characters, danger, mystery, and a decent plot. Ok, maybe it’s the plot. It feels off. Maybe because the last book had Mercy kidnapped and carried off to Europe. It seems like the thing on the bridge with the troll happened forever ago and I guess what I really need is a series refresher. I do hope the Fae storyline gets some more attention because I think that’s what it needs. They really only end up as a subplot of this book because there’s some new Big Bads in town and they are not Fae. Hint: there’s some adorable zombies involved. If I had to guess, this book is setting up a big Fae/human showdown which should prove very complicated and interesting. I do still love this series and can’t wait for the next story. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Jun 21, 2019 |
The 11th Mercy Thomson book and close to the 20th in the series, this does pretty well for all that some of the tropes have worn smooth. Fast moving with an intricate but not too intricate plot that ties backward and forward in the series, Briggs manages her large cast deftly and keeps everyone distinct. ( )
  quondame | Jun 17, 2019 |
Excellent installment in the Mercy Thompson series. In this book, some witches are the evil ones and, of course, they are hard to beat. They do gruesome things like killing kids and baby dragons and making them zombies. The emphasis in this book was not on the pack, even though they were involved, but on various magical being, e,g,, the King Goblin and Mercy's allies. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Jun 13, 2019 |
When again am I ever going to get to use the tag "zombie miniature goats?" This entry in the Mercy Thompson series keeps the story moving in an interesting direction. It picks up from the last Alpha and Omega book, but it glosses over enough details that you don't need to know what happened in it. Mercy and Adam remain solidly together without being boring, and the book provides a strong and appropriate end to a long running character. I enjoyed getting to know Sherwood a bit better, and it was nice to see Stefan again. I look forward to the next. ( )
  duchessjlh | Jun 11, 2019 |
Holy crow! That one was so chockablock with beasties I hat to put it on a dozen shelves!

Brilliant as always.

I needed more time with two of my favorite characters. Ben and Stefan. But, it was nice to get to know Sherwood a bit better. And, I didn’t expect to have so much fun with Wulfie! ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santos, Daniel DosCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"So what did you do, Mary Jo?" called Ben in his crisp British accent.

My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.

And a coyote shapeshifter.

And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.

Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I hadn't stood upon a bridge and taken responsibility for the safety of the citizens who lived in our territory. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. It should have only involved hunting down killer goblins, zombie goats, and an occasional troll. Instead, our home was viewed as neutral ground, a place where humans would feel safe to come and treat with the fae.

The reality is that nothing and no one is safe. As generals and politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae, a storm is coming and her name is Death.

But we are pack, and we have given our word.

We will die to keep it.

Mercy Thompson has opened her garage again and is trying to get back to normal. Of course, now that the Tri-Cities are viewed as neutral ground, all kinds of supernatural beings are heading her way. With her mate Adam Hauptman's firm involved in providing security to a top-secret meeting with the US government and the fae, Mercy is tapped to handle everything else--including reports of a strange witch in town.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,661,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible