When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren…

When Life Gives You Lululemons (edition 2018)

by Lauren Weisberger (Author)

1921490,738 (3.63)6
Member:Gingermama
Title:When Life Gives You Lululemons
Authors:Lauren Weisberger (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster (2018), Edition: First Edition, 352 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2

When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger

Smart, fun, and satisfying. The narrator of the audio book version did a fantastic job. ( )
  Gingermama | Feb 9, 2019 |
This is the only book I’ve read in this series, so that might have had an impact on my review. Maybe not, but it’s something to keep in mind.

Emily from The Devil Wears Prada is one of the main characters in this book. She isn’t working for Miranda anymore, she’s now representing celebrities. She gives some examples of the biggest, real world, celebrity scandals and says that she’s the one who fixed their public reputation. So, when presented with Karolina’s situation, she definitely feels that she can manage it.

Karolina has been falsely accused of driving drunk with her step son and his friends in the car. She is married to a man in politics, who sees himself running for president someday. He very quickly, cruelly cuts ties with Karolina.
The only thing Karolina wants to recover, really, is her step son.
She doesn’t want or need money. She’s not out for revenge, she just doesn’t want to lose the boy who has been her son for ten years.

The link between Emily and Karolina is Miriam.
Miriam is newly a stay at home mom and newly to Connecticut. She is having a lot of trouble adjusting. The wives all seem perfect. Miriam isn’t used to the lavish parties, the expensive workout clothes, the obsession over weight and appearance and plastic surgery.
She doesn’t feel like she measures up.
And then she starts to question her husband’s commitment. Why? Well, because it seems like everyone in their town is just putting on some fake display of being happy. If they can’t keep their husbands happy, with all they do to be perfect, how is it possible her husband is happy? Ugh, so sad. Poor Miriam.

And also kind of a rough storyline, at one point I thought there might not be one adult character in this book that was happy. This is chick lit, right? Why was it all fun in the beginning then everyone was doubting themselves and their relationships by the middle?

I’m happy with the way Karolina’s story ended.
Less so, Miriam and Emily.
It did seem like everyone was happy at the end though, which I definitely appreciated.

I got to read an early copy of this e book through NetGalley.
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
Light heart reading and sometime breathless march forward. It has very good description of the life style of super rich in Greenwich, Connecticut, particularly the stay home moms. In a way, I am intrigued by the description of the life of Greenwich which seems to draw a parallel with British aristocracy with the american money backing. ( )
  Baochuan | Dec 4, 2018 |
I have to say I’m pretty easily entertained. If the story is good and I like the characters, it’s going to be a winner. I was so excited to hear a 3rd DWP book was coming out and I really liked had the story moved away from Runway, although not entirely. I liked seeing how the various characters had developed and where they were now. Strong, independent women becoming housewives and moms and the challenges they face in their new roles. I loved it. ( )
  erthom02 | Nov 20, 2018 |
fairly predictable book by the author of the devil wears prada. ( )
  lhaines56 | Aug 19, 2018 |

"Weisberger returns with a novel starring one of her favorite characters from The Devil Wears Prada--Emily Charlton, first assistant to Miranda Priestly, now a highly successful image consultant who's just landed the client of a lifetime"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,498,986 books! | Top bar: Always visible