The Relativity Bomb by Arlene F. Marks

The Relativity Bomb

by Arlene F. Marks

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a placeholder for a review of THE RELATIVITY BOMB: SIC TRANSIT TERRA, Book 3, by Arlene F. Marks. It is not to be taken as a finished review until I give a star rating.
  Wordwizardw | Sep 5, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
When I requested the early reviewer copy of this title, I hadn't realized it was the third in the series.. or I probably wouldn't have requested it. But I'm glad I did! Periodically, there were bits and pieces that were initially confusing (and I now understand it's likely because those things were explained in books 1 and 2)... but the story was enticing enough that the occasional confusion didn't stop me... and the context was typically sufficient enough that I could figure out what I was missing.
Good story, well written, and now I need to track down books 1 and 2! (I would recommend that you read them in order.) ( )
  LaurieGienapp | Jun 5, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoy science fiction so won this from Early Reviewers; didn't realize it was the 3rd in a series, so was concerned that I'd not have understanding to enjoy the plot or characters. Pleased to say I enjoyed the read, and while I'm certain that there was more to be had by knowing the proceeding stories, not having the information did not stop me from enjoying the Star Wars like plot and characters. Not technical, not profound but it is enjoyable. My thanks to the author, ERs, and publisher for the chance to read. ( )
  dmclane | May 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A story reminiscent of star wars/star trek'ish genre, The Relativity Bomb is a book that was kind of a slow start for me but once it picked up pace it was very hard to put this book down. The intrigues of Forrands, Townsends, Humans, Stragori's & Nandrians, keeps a reader pleasantly occupied. I do wish I get to read Olivia or Juno's story in more detail. All in all, an excellent read if you like that genre. ( )
  kmshah | Apr 28, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was really intrigued by the first couple chapters of this book, but after that the original protagonist takes a back stage role and doesn't return in any significant way until the epilogue. The following chapters of the book have an interesting plot, too, but it read like a story on its own and the author should have started with that and left off the first few chapters. Maybe it would make more sense if one had read the first two books in the series. I enjoyed some of the authors turns of phrase, but I had a hard time getting through this book; it just didn't hold my attention. ( )
  Coffeehag | Apr 27, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Arlene F. Marks's book The Relativity Bomb is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Arlene F. Marks is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,619,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible