The Truth Trap by Frances Miller

The Truth Trap (edition 2003)

by Frances Miller

Member:NatashaInconnue
Title:The Truth Trap
Authors:Frances Miller
Info:IUniverse (2003), Paperback, 206 pages
Collections:Wishlist, Read but unowned, Favorites

The Truth Trap by Frances A. Miller

I read this book when I was 9 or 10. It absolutely shattered me. I stole my copy from the library and just never took it back. To this day (some twenty years later), I have this book sitting on my shelf. I have never read it again and maybe never will but it truly shattered me and I feel like I can remember every single detail with startling clarity (a rarity for me). This book will remain on my shelf until I don't have shelves to keep it on. :) It is a vital memory for me.

Thank you Miller for writing such a engrossing novel. Adult me appreciates how this book hooked me on reading. ( )
  N.R.Tupper | Jun 10, 2017 |
It will rip your heart out. I think it's out of print, which is a shame. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0449702472, Mass Market Paperback)

Matt's parents were killed in a car accident. He and his little sister Katie, deaf since birth, have come to Los Angeles to escape the authorities who want to put Katie in a home. Hiding in an abandoned theater while Matt looks for work, Katie is brutally murdered. And Matt's nightmare begins.

He is accused of killing his beloved sister, and before he can defend himself, he is thrown into jail.

A few days later he is released -- confused and alone in a strange city where the only people who know him suspect him of murder. His chances for a new life depend on the two policemen who first arrested him: Tony Prado, who sees through the proud, hot-tempered, very scared young man to a boy who needs to be trusted and loved...and Les Ryder, who sees a juvenile delinquent who probably killed his own sister.

Matt must prove that Tony is right. But before he can do that, he has to learn to believe in himself again.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:47 -0400)

Following the death of their parents in an automobile accident, 15-year-old Matthew and his younger, deaf sister run away to Los Angeles where he becomes the only suspect in her brutal beating and murder.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,633,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible