Book Crush: For Kids and Teens - Recommended…

Book Crush: For Kids and Teens - Recommended Reading for Every Mood,… (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Nancy Pearl

4211725,173 (4)23
Member:bucketyell
Title:Book Crush: For Kids and Teens - Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment and Interest
Authors:Nancy Pearl
Info:
Tags:TBR 2012 & PRIOR

Book Crush: For Kids and Teens - Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment and Interest by Nancy Pearl (2007)

This was a wonderfully helpful book in selecting books for the teens I work with. I am sure I will pull it off the self often! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
Pearl's edition of reader's advisory for children is helpful and intuitive, offering many unique themes titles, accompanied by intriguing annotations that don't give too much away. A must-have for every children's librarian. ( )
  LibbyHopfauf | Mar 18, 2014 |
This is an excellent resource for a librarian to use to further their own knowledge and self-education in the field of youth literature. However, I may not use such a resource for a direct RA encounter with patrons.

I thought that this was a very comprehensive guide to subject categories and, as I said, would be invaluable in furthering my own personal knowledge and reading in any particular area. I could then use this increased knowledge to augment and strengthen my own abilities to provide RA to patrons. ( )
  abrial2433 | Mar 17, 2014 |
Nancy Pearl has proven to be a tried and true readers advisory source and her edition for children is no different. Book Crush is divided into three sections: Easy Books, Middle-Grade Readers, and Young Adult. Her prose style makes this reference tool easy to read and extremely accessible, making interesting thematic connections that only a professional reader could make.
  emmalune | Mar 13, 2014 |
An excellent collection of suggestions for all interests; I loved how they were organized into sections by theme so, for instance, there were suggestions for books about dogs, sad books, funny books, particularly strong authors, just about every interest. I got so many fantastic ideas from this book! A great reader's advisory tool for librarians, parents, or kids with particular interests looking for more books they'll enjoy. ( )
  PlasticAtoms | Mar 9, 2014 |
No dedication
Introduction: My happiest memories of a childhood that was otherwise scarred by an anxious and raging father and a depressed and angry mother were of escaping into books.

[From back cover]:  Let Nancy Pearl help the children and young adults in your life fall for reading.  With Pearl's unique recommendations based on topics, interests, and other themes, she presents more than 1,000 crush-worthy books organized into 118 lists aimed at youngest, middle-grade, and teen readers.  From "A Dog's Life" to "Girl Power" to "Heartbreak Hotel," Nancy Pearl has a knack for connecting a subject, setting, or character with the right reader.  Whether your young reader has yet to experience his or her first book crush or has devoured every Harry Potter novel multiple times, Book Crush points the way to a new and wonderful world of reading.

Presents lists of recommended book titles for children and teenagers divided into three age groups and then further subdivided into more than 118 categories, including animals, folktales, girl power, autobiographies, comic books, and many others.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,420,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible