London A to Z by Geographers' A-Z Map…

This is the Londoner's bible. Just about everyone owns the paperback size but its produced in all sizes from pocket-handkerchief (centre and City only) to atlas-sized. If you go to London this could be your bible too - but before you buy it check that you can read the print. Some of them have very tiny type and they are no better than useless.

All you can do then is stop a passerby and ask them if they know where 'x' is and hand them the A-Z and then they won't be able to read it either. ( )
  Petra.Xs | Apr 2, 2013 |
This is simple: I cannot go to London without it! Down to the smallest street, this extensive map of London has everything you need to know - local museums, amusement parks, monuments, etc. are all clearly indicated; every street is clearly shown and can be pinpointed with accuracy, especially if we look at the street index at the end of the book. The underground map is a necessary bonus, and I appreciate not having to look for directions from everyone around - well worth the purchase and London travel can be prepared well in advance, thanks to this book. ( )
  soniaandree | May 5, 2011 |
A London essential - At the moment I seem to have three copies - there's a floating population for lending to visitors.
  AlexDraven | Dec 22, 2009 |
A fantastic read. Compelling, a true page-turner. I'd've been lost without it. ( )
  pksteinberg | Mar 11, 2008 |
The bible - we had a copy each when we lived in London. If you are going to spend more than a few days in London, you have to get an A to Z guide of some sort.
  ForrestFamily | Mar 24, 2006 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0850391954, Paperback)

Paperback: 288 pages Publisher: Hunter Publishing (NJ) (April 1988) Language: English

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:32 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,670,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible