Cursor's Fury by Jim Butcher

Cursor's Fury (edition 2007)

by Jim Butcher

Member:gilroy
Title:Cursor's Fury
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Ace (2007), Edition: Codex Alera, Book 3, Mass Market Paperback, 704 pages
Collections:Amazon books - needs verification, Your library, To read, Location: Library
Tags:fantasy, codex alera, book 03, paperback, to be read

Cursor's Fury by Jim Butcher

English (44)  German (2)  All languages (46)
Tavi's now a real Cursor and finds himself sent to the military, where he continues to save the world. ( )
  _rixx_ | Aug 30, 2018 |
I liked this book probably the best of the ones I've read so far. I found it less stressful than previous ones, but still exciting and twisty. By the end of the book lots of things have been turned on their heads.

New things are revealed about Tavi. He spends time as Legionaire instead of a Cursor in this book. Lots of his past is revealed. New enemies come and old enemies are put into battle. Gives you a perspective on Roman government you may not have had before.

A good read and highly recommended. ( )
  rondavis | Apr 18, 2018 |
Another exciting instalment in this series! I really like where the plot is going, yet the battles are getting a little old. I do enjoy the character development that Tavi gets from these battles and him learning more about himself and what he is capable of, but I found the focus on the battle was just too much, and I would have preferred more from the other POVs.

Overall, I really enjoyed this, and the narration was yet again awesome. I'm hoping we get more from the other characters, but I know Tavi is the main focus. ( )
  jdifelice | Apr 14, 2018 |
My favorite of the series so far. My only complaint is that the constant overwhelming odds the characters always manage to beat is starting to bug me. So far, Butcher doesn't seem like the type of author to do real damage to his characters, so it's hard to take certain events seriously. I'm not as emotionally invested in this series as I could be because of that, but it's still fun. ( )
  AngelClaw | Feb 19, 2018 |
March 2010 Review:

The canim make a major push into the lands of Alera in conjunction with Kalerain [a high lord] making a play for the throne. Tavi takes command of a legion to fight the canim and earns the loyalty of his men. Turns out he is the grandson of the current First Lord. Right at the end Tavi gets his furies for the first time. and it turns out the Vord have taken over the canim's lands.

August 2012 Review:
In situations like described in this book, people either break or become stronger. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Tavi rise to each occasion and deal with them to the best of his ability.
He is no longer the whiny little shepherd boy from Calderon, but a fully fledged Cursor who cares about Alera, his men and his duty. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionscalculated
del Rosario, KristinInterior Text Designsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Frangie, RitaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stone, SteveCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tavi made a steeple of his fingers and stared down at the ludus board.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441015476, Mass Market Paperback)

In his acclaimed Codex Alera novels, bestselling author Jim Butcher has created a fascinating world in which the powerful forces of nature take physical form. But even magic cannot sway the corruption that threatens to destroy the realm of Alera once and for all.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:32 -0400)

When the High Lord of Kalare enters into a dangerous alliance with the Canim, and treachery destroys the Aleran army's command structure, an inexperienced, young Tavi of Calderon leads a poorly equipped legion against the Canim horde.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,623,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible