Deathtrap Dungeon by Ian Livingstone

Deathtrap Dungeon (1984)

by Ian Livingstone

This book started off in positive territory, the primary plot dealing with an oil treaty between the UK & Kuwait and one Minister's proposal to be less reliant on oil.

I was enjoying the first 40-50 pages, after this however it seemed to fall into a bit of a rut. As the pages turned I started to feel as if I wasn't so much reading a novel as I was reading a pro-environment anti-oil/nuclear lecture - I'm all for books having a message, moral or subtle agenda however to this reader it seemed as if the lecture overtook the story in parts.

I also felt a little underwhelmed by the ending, for the pace of events in the story the ending seemed rather abrupt. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Mar 30, 2013 |
I had a lot of the fighting fantasy books when I was a kid and loved them; the illustrations were usually great. ( )
  Michael.Xolotl | Mar 5, 2013 |
The quintessential dungeon crawl. Atmospheric with great illustrations by Iain McCraig, and a whole lot of maze to investigate in only 400 paragraphs. The item-hunting aspect is justified by the plot. ( )
2 vote Moomin_Mama | Jun 16, 2009 |

Ian Livingstoneprimary authorall editionscalculated
McCaig, IainIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Thrilling fantasy books from the 80's in which you are the hero!!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:27 -0400)

"Down in the dark, twisting labyrinth of Fang, unknown horrors await you. Devised by the devilish mind of Baron Sukumvit, the labyrinth is riddled with fiendish traps and bloodthirsty monsters, which will test your skills almost beyond the limit of endurance. Countless adventurers before you have taken up the challenge of the Trial of Campions and walked through the carved mouth of the labyrinth, never to be seen again. Should you come out of the labyrinth alive, you will be wealthy beyond your dream. Do YOU dare enter?" -- BOOK JACKET.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,350,108 books! | Top bar: Always visible